House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Those Boys Form Aberdeen Are A Bit Shy About Sharing The Good News....

So i'll do it for them.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/48163-aberdeen-aspc-stats/page-208#entry1102865805

"Back to housing statistics, if we are to take anything from these indices and statistics seriously...

http://www.home.co.u...deen&lastyear=1

UjxgOTA.png"

"

Yes, that does say -6% to -15% fall in asking price in 12 months !!!!!

Great news...the recovery has started,

It just shows what happens when the crazy free money dries up.

It's not going to get any better up there this year either... Most oil majors and service companies are looking to continue to cut expenditure on all but established assets, next easiest thing to cut after CAPEX... Jobs.

Unfortunately.

Those modest Aberdonians also left off the really importnant bit of ino

Number of Properties Found Advertised for Sale in Aberdeen by Number of Bedrooms

countbysize-aberdeen-town-201501-201601.

Jan 2015 Jan 2016 Change

5+ Bedrooms 42 58 +38%
4 Bedrooms 77 154 +100%
3 Bedrooms 109 242 +122%
2 Bedrooms 174 469 +170%
1 Bedroom 99 249 +152%
Unknown 3 1 -
Total 504 1173 +133%
Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

There are plans afoot to automate most of the banking industry, google and a few other have tech in the works to do a more efficient job of trading and such. What would happen in london when the banking industry gets automated?

There are plans afoot to automate most of the banking industry, google and a few other have tech in the works to do a more efficient job of trading and such. What would happen in london when the banking industry gets automated?

Interesting! Let google's AI supercomputer loose on the stock market... I bet it's already happening

I posted this last month on the Aberdeen thread and I think it gives an insight in to what is going on there just now. Selling on the ASPC website you can get reports on how long the property has been owned plus an independent valuation survey. They make interesting reading...lots of very expensive houses "owned" for only months, in some cases, coming on to the market, being reduced and chasing the market down.

"I’ve just sold a £300k+ house in the west end. I was an executor. 18 months ago the house would have been sold within weeks for more than it was valued for (according to all external parties involved).

I didn’t want to chase the market down so I accepted an 18% price reduction. It was the only offer in 5 months. The buyers even offered me less than the “offers over” price it was being advertising at (unusual in Aberdeen).

The agent I’m using told me that his office believes “worse is to come in Aberdeen”. He said that there are great bargains to be had just now for those buying but we both discussed/agreed that the bottom was some way off. The house price crash has arrived in Aberdeen."

Any industry is at threat to automation but especially an industry where it involves mass number fiddling. All it will take is for the robots to perform 1% better than a person then all those banksters are out.

Oil is such an enormous part of the national economy that in my opinion Aberdeen house prices are a leading indicator of what house prices tend to do across the whole UK.

Oil SPIVERY is such an enormous part of the national economy that in my opinion Aberdeen Prime Central London house prices are a leading indicator of what house prices tend to do across the whole UK.

Just been posted on the Aberdeen thread. Dont think they will mind me adding here.

http://www.citylets.co.uk/research/reports/pdf/Citylets-Quarterly-report-q4-15.pdf?ref=reports

Average Aberdeen rents down 15.9% IN TWELVE MONTHS.

And its only just begun.

How is Hamish these days ?

Oil is such an enormous part of the national economy that in my opinion Aberdeen house prices are a leading indicator of what house prices tend to do across the whole UK.

I dunno about that. In NE Scotland perhaps, although there are only a few pockets of 'wealth'; much of that has been washed away in the recent flooding.

Edinburgh and Glasgow won't really feel the effect as they have other industries.

Besides, not much of the oil 'wealth' see's UK shores anyhow.

Sure, a token amount is registered via the treasury versus the $trillions in profits extracted over the 40 or so years.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gauravsharma/2014/07/21/north-sea-oil-gas-not-running-on-empty-yet/#2715e4857a0b597b7d006491

around 42 billion barrels of oil have been extracted since 1962,

Fag pack math 1.3 $trillion in oil, perhaps same in gas... say 2.5 $trillion, and nothing much to show for it in terms of what other oil rich economies have???

Isn't it more prescient to say that London house prices are THE leading indicator of what happens across the whole UK?

Edited by cashinmattress

Just been posted on the Aberdeen thread. Dont think they will mind me adding here.

http://www.citylets.co.uk/research/reports/pdf/Citylets-Quarterly-report-q4-15.pdf?ref=reports

Average Aberdeen rents down 15.9% IN TWELVE MONTHS.

And its only just begun.

Yup, let's see how much of the media pick up on this...

Last quarter the reported figure was -6.7% (due to YoY indicator and slow Q3 2014, referendum...) So this 15% down figure should send ripples to those who aren't keeping up to date like on HPC :)

Like I said in the other thread 15% down YoY has not happened anywhere in the UK for DECADES. And never when there was leverage from BTL...

Hamish must be spending quite a lot on nappies recently.

Just think what goes for Aberdeen goes for a large part of the world reliant on commodity income to keep their economies afloat. At least the Scots don't have a collapsing currency to contend with, yet. The credit bubbleand market rigging is global and it will be global demand contraction that will really upset the apple cart.

Oil SPIVERY is such an enormous part of the national economy that in my opinion Aberdeen Prime Central London house prices are a leading indicator of what house prices tend to do across the whole UK.

So true. It's no coincidence that both have gone into absolute freefall at the same time. The one thing which these developments tell me is that anyone who claims to think that today's statistics of 7% rises are anything but the last gasp of a slain behemoth is either stupid or duplicitous.

So true. It's no coincidence that both have gone into absolute freefall at the same time. The one thing which these developments tell me is that anyone who claims to think that today's statistics of 7% rises are anything but the last gasp of a slain behemoth is either stupid or duplicitous.

Gracchus: I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it's the sand of the coliseum. He'll bring them death - and they will love him for it.

Updated for 2015

Cameroon: I think he knows what the housing bubble is. The housing bubble is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of the hosuing bubble is not the marble of the Bank Of England, it's the debt of the bankers. He'll bring them death - and they will love him for it.

Just think what goes for Aberdeen goes for a large part of the world reliant on commodity income to keep their economies afloat. At least the Scots don't have a collapsing currency to contend with, yet. The credit bubbleand market rigging is global and it will be global demand contraction that will really upset the apple cart.

My point exactly. Anyone who thinks Aberdeen is a remote town in the northern Celtic fringes with an economy which is in some mysterious way detached from the rest of the UK is about to have a very rude awakening from some loud and tuneless bagpipes.

Gracchus: I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it's the sand of the coliseum. He'll bring them death - and they will love him for it.

Updated for 2015

Cameroon: I think he knows what the housing bubble is. The housing bubble is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of the hosuing bubble is not the marble of the Bank Of England, it's the debt of the bankers. He'll bring them death - and they will love him for it.

Good point

I tried to say that on MSE, nobody agreed though. There is a thread over there specifically for Aberdeen price and rent falls. (Started by Hamish BTW)