House Price Crash Forum

Architect Optional

I despair at what we're building. These and many other new-build houses will be valueless in a few years when people smell the coffee. Anyone who buys them now will see themselves wiped out financially.

In the meantime, there is obviously a market for anyone who designs zig zag furniture

Guest eight

I despair at what we're building. These and many other new-build houses will be valueless in a few years when people smell the coffee. Anyone who buys them now will see themselves wiped out financially.

In the meantime, there is obviously a market for anyone who designs zig zag furniture

I don't actually mind the brutalist stylings. But it is of course comedically overpriced.

I don't actually mind the brutalist stylings. But it is of course comedically overpriced.

Didn't mind the exterior, and I like modern as much as Georgian. It's the interior subdivision and layout that makes the properties worth far less than the price. We agree :) (I think)

I think people, by and large, put too much emphasis on what the outside of their property looks like, when in fact, you spend most time looking outside from within.

Bwhaahahhaha...

The MissendenTM by careys homes...for the man who always dreamt of his very own Travelodge, but could never quite get it....

c7a9b7eada533fd011ef286591bd5a33.png

I wonder if the only requirement was cheap and quick to build?

I wonder if the only requirement was cheap and quick to build?

It just looks like a miniature version of every other office block or hotel around my way...i guess with these mixed use developments they figure its cheapest to use similar external materials for everything. Internal I guess the commercial buildings have more substantial doors and so forth.

Bwhaahahhaha...

The MissendenTM by careys homes...for the man who always dreamt of his very own Travelodge, but could never quite get it....

travelodge-ext_1294333a.jpg

Designers getting ready for houses of multiple occupation after empty rooms are banned?

Having some knowledge of worthing, something jogged the old memory banks about Tarring road.

I don't see anywhere in that description the fact that there is a railway line at the bottom of the garden, they mention that its close to the station lol.

Edit: Spolling

Edited by SirGaz

Bwhaahahhaha...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Having some knowledge of worthing, something jogged the old memory banks about Tarring road.

I don't see anywhere in that description the fact that there is a railway line at the bottom of the garden, they mention that its close to the station lol.

Edit: Spolling

Exactly right... Tiny garden which backs onto railway!

Bwhaahahhaha...

I don't mind the exterior look. But the interior decor is ghastly, although it's simple to change.

What made me laugh most however, was the virtual chest of drawers. See Picture 8

Is this the latest Builder / EA ploy ? Wallpaper instead of real storage :blink:

Edited by LiveinHope