House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

The World Famous (B T L) Rats Deserting The Sinking (Property Market) Ship Thread.

Just tuned into rfightmove ( Northants ) to see what was happening.

The first listing was this

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-52684600.html

19 bedroom block of apartments for sale
The Piano Factory, Robert Street, Northampton
£2,000,000
I guess it's time to get out....or maybe it's too late.
Anyone seeing this sort of mass sell off ?
Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

£2,000,000

:D:rolleyes: It's just such a FARCE isn't it --- What does that single "For Sale" advert tell you about the last 20 years?!!

What a SPIV society we have turned into. What a SICK society we have become.

Worth more like £200k than £2m.

The same old question is staring us in the face...... WHEN IS THIS GOING TO END? HOW MUCH LONGER IS THIS INSANITY GOING TO LAST?

:wacko::unsure::rolleyes:

Edited by eric pebble

:D:rolleyes: It's just such a FARCE isn't it --- What does that single "For Sale" advert tell you about the last 20 years?!!

What a SPIV society we have turned into. What a SICK society we have become.

Worth more like £200k that £2m.

The same old question is staring us in the face...... WHEN IS THIS GOING TO END? HOW MUCH LONGER IS THIS INSANITY GOING TO LAST?

:wacko::unsure::rolleyes:

180 days

To be fair to the seller nothing has kicked off yet, but with what is likely to happen and he is talking 5.5 yield here I would say a price tag of £1 million is more closer to the mark, even a little less.

There is no way he will even get close to £2 million.

Not only that, and I hate myself for generalising, but I would not do deals with any BTL type, asking for trouble.

Yup - --- As a roundabout kind of figure - "prices" are 60-65% too high for a proper sustainable and happy country...

ONLY WHEN "prices" come down 60-65% will this country be running properly on an even keel...

Edited by eric pebble

Yup - --- As a roundabout kind of figure - "prices" are 60-65% too high for a proper sustainable and happy country...

ONLY WHEN "prices" come down 60-65% will this country be running properly on an even keel...

Yeah, the asking prices of most stuff now in Northants is 50% too much.

And for that reason, i'm out :lol:

To be fair to the seller nothing has kicked off yet, but with what is likely to happen and he is talking 5.5 yield here I would say a price tag of £1 million is more closer to the mark, even a little less.

Yes, 50% off at £50k each flat (assuming they're all 2-bedders) would be fair value I reckon.

Yes, 50% off at £50k each flat (assuming they're all 2-bedders) would be fair value I reckon.

That would be about right....low paid singletons would then be able to afford a flat.

It's that simple !!!!

lol

Storage heaters, tiny windows and half a kitchen in the lounge are the pinnacle of sophistication dontchknow.

My thoughts exactly when I looked at the pics.

Baby-sh1t brown cheapo carpets, tiny kitchenette wedged into the corner. Poky small bathroom.

Jesus what a farce.

Yeah, the asking prices of most stuff now in Northants is 50% too much.

And for that reason, i'm out :lol:

Just to clarify count do you mean 50% too much (ie needs to fall 33%) or 100% too much (ie needs to fall 50%)??

What some people have long forgot in the UK is that there was a time when you could roll your sleeves up and say right I am going to get so and so house, it just took hard work, but so many possibilities were there,even in your 50's you had a chance.

I honestly do not know why so many people have not thrown in the towel because they cannot buy and just thought f*** it, I will ponce of the state if they don't value hard work in people

Im done playing, first opportunity now I am dropping out. You cna only get folk to work hard if there is a potential. I would rather refuse to play the game than take 250k for a shit small house.

Ill wait this bitch out now however long it takes, the only effective form of protest you have now is non participation.

Just to clarify count do you mean 50% too much (ie needs to fall 33%) or 100% too much (ie needs to fall 50%)??

Looking at rightmove, asking prices in Northants are twice what they should be now.

£2,000,000

In the Mounts - a craphole full of Lech and Tyskie beer cans strewn around. No thanks.

"(assuming they're all 2-bedders)"

I think only three of them are 2-bedders, the rest are one bed boxes. (rather than 2 bed boxes!)

Which also means that their title of "19 bedroom block" is incorrect because there are 22 bedrooms!

But then again I guess estate agents have never been very good with numbers...

That would be about right....low paid singletons would then be able to afford a flat.

It's that simple !!!!

But until then low paid simpletons believe they can supplement their low pay with BTL!

Anyone with half a brain that might be interested in something like the place in the OP (would have to have half a brain to be interested in the first place) would know full well all they have to do is sit back and watch the frog boil ,if the buying side know the selling side is a distressed seller it`s their duty to take the p1ss

wow that is REALLY interesting. The layout, sizes, and decor are almost identical to some of the HK apartments we are familiar with. I wonder if someone was trying to foist HK prices and standards on the UK and screwed up!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-52506283.html

This one went up for sale shortly after the Autumn Statement - I've never seen anything like this up for sale in my area before.

It went on with multiple agencies, originally for £900K I think (I don't have propertybee etc.)

A few asking price reductions later, £850k, £800k we are down to £675k, and now it is going to Auction next month!

I can't see that this is anything other than a panic sell off.