House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Ta Ta To More Jobs

It does remind me of the greatest advertising slogan never to be used by the international cartel that is the toothpaste industry:

Say ta-ta to tartar!

On second thoughts perhaps there is a reason for it not being used...

It does remind me of the greatest advertising slogan never to be used by the international cartel that is the toothpaste industry:

Say ta-ta to tartar!

I can remember driving past a Lucozade factory in the mid 80`s and they were taking down their slogan /sign

LUCOZADE AIDS RECOVERY

I can remember driving past a Lucozade factory in the mid 80`s and they were taking down their slogan /sign

LUCOZADE AIDS RECOVERY

That was visible from the Chiswick flyover. It should have been listed and remain, but it's now in a design museum somewhere.

That stretch of road has been responsible for a few advertising firsts - The Wonderbra advert down the road at Hammersmith was removed due to the number of crashes next to it...

That was visible from the Chiswick flyover. It should have been listed and remain, but it's now in a design museum somewhere.

That stretch of road has been responsible for a few advertising firsts - The Wonderbra advert down the road at Hammersmith was removed due to the number of crashes next to it...

I knew it was down south but could not remember where,never forget it because it looked like a covert operation as it was being done in the early hours of the morning

So before long Britain will be left with the criminal, crooked, corrupt and fraudulent financial sector that threatens to leave but never does - but the ever declining manufacturing sector does and will move more and more overseas.

So before long Britain will be left with the criminal, crooked, corrupt and fraudulent financial sector that threatens to leave but never does - but the ever declining manufacturing sector does and will move more and more overseas.

As long as we have a car industry in the UK Port Talbot will be making steel ,we lose the car industry then Port Talbot will be gone

The next move will be to run with one blast furnace ,this could be the reason for the jobs going next week

Edited by long time lurking

You're doing it again aren't you :lol: Is not the massive thread below on this very subject not good enough for you?

PMSL.

Sorry dude, my eye sight is not what it was and these tiny little smart phones means I've no idea what anyone is saying anymore :lol:

As long as we have a car industry in the UK Port Talbot will be making steel ,we lose the car industry then Port Talbot will be gone

The next move will be to run with one blast furnace ,this could be the reason for the jobs going next week

We have a car industry ?

This was headline news yesterday in the times of India:

http://m.timesofindia.com/business/international-business/Tata-Steel-UK-unit-buyer-may-get-government-loan/articleshow/50615042.cms

Basically the Scunthorpe site will be sold and the buyer will get a government loan to buy it.

This is basically just giving tax payers money to Tata, because the site would never achieve what Tata consider to be market value without the loan.

I think the scenario will be:

1) site sold to either private equity or a "developing nation" steel company.

2) Tata happy because they offloaded their Responsibility's and got some money from the government

3) new Scunthorpe co struggles on for a few years, but ultimately cannot pay loan back and goes bankrupt

4) heart rendering scenes as people camp outside the works to try to keep their jobs, sadly this ultimately fails

5) only real winners Tata, who got to keep the sale money, while the government loan was never repaid

Edited by reddog

Say ta-ta to tartar!

No it needs a song. How about a montage of people up and down the country brushing their teeth and singing ta-ta tartar to the tune of Ravel's Bolero?

Guest eight

No it needs a song. How about a montage of people up and down the country brushing their teeth and singing ta-ta tartar to the tune of Ravel's Bolero?

:lol:

Although Ratan Tata's name always makes me think of this :-

The steel workers should get on their bikes and learn how to d1ck around with Excel all day. Creating actual wealth is so last century ...

This was headline news yesterday in the times of India:

http://m.timesofindia.com/business/international-business/Tata-Steel-UK-unit-buyer-may-get-government-loan/articleshow/50615042.cms

Basically the Scunthorpe site will be sold and the buyer will get a government loan to buy it.

This is basically just giving tax payers money to Tata, because the site would never achieve what Tata consider to be market value without the loan.

I think the scenario will be:

1) site sold to either private equity or a "developing nation" steel company.

2) Tata happy because they offloaded their Responsibility's and got some money from the government

3) new Scunthorpe co struggles on for a few years, but ultimately cannot pay loan back and goes bankrupt

4) heart rendering scenes as people camp outside the works to try to keep their jobs, sadly this ultimately fails

5) only real winners Tata, who got to keep the sale money, while the government loan was never repaid

Included in there will be the lack of conditions on the loan (revealed after the bankruptcy) and the bit about the new directors selling off whatever assets there are (probably the land for housing) and awarding themselves huge wages and bonuses in the run up to the repeat bankruptcy.

http://news.sky.com/story/1624857/asda-takes-axe-to-jobs-amid-grocery-price-war

"Asda Takes Axe To Jobs Amid Grocery Price War"

Ta Ta

"It’s well documented that in recent years, customers have radically changed the way they shop. "

Err no, still pick it up and put the shopping into the basket/trolley. Unless they are talking about all their non-core sales. But basically customers have not changed the way they shop when they shifted to aldi/lidl, they changed their expenditure by about 30%.

"It’s well documented that in recent years, customers have radically changed the way they shop. "

Aka - They've realised they've been had and they've been ripped off for years.

Mind you it's a bit rich of them to claim that they're going to axe jobs in the era of zero hours contracts - although if it's head office redundancies then maybe it's so called permanent employees.

Edited by billybong

:huh: Huh... if only the gov't could have applied a fraction of the props to House Builders and Bankers redirected to the UK manufacturing sector.

Nah, that would just be messing with the mechanics of a functioning free market :lol:.