House Price Crash Forum

Tablets Causing Death & Disintegration Of Forums

pl1

I've had a sneaky go on my son's Nexus tablet and wasn't impressed with the format. As others have said it falls between a phone and a pc: it's not big enough to do any serious work on but too big to slip into a pocket easily.

That said, it's probably good for Facebook, pron and cat videos. The ongoing fall in pc sales probably reflects the sad fact that this is all most home pcs are used for.

What is the point of Twitter? I know I'm showing my age, but all I see is a bunch of misspelled sound bites when I look at it.

I suppose its like people in the pub, most are drunk and stupid. But if you find a few people you like and respect, and then follow them on twitter, you get good stuff. And there is a "block" button so if someone says something stupid you can "block" them. I think that's like if someone is a bottom in the pub, you punch their lights out. That's all I know...

edit: synonym for bottom

A problem with a forum vs other social media is it tends to be draped around one, often quite narrow, subject that's been done to death.

You could say the same for faceache though. I gave up on it years ago, but posts tended to fall into any of these categories

I've bought a new house

I've bought a new car

I've got a new job

This is the holiday I'm going on/am on/want to go on

This is my dinner

And then some 'well done' remarks.

Perhaps that says more about my faceache circles though. :/

You could say the same for faceache though. I gave up on it years ago, but posts tended to fall into any of these categories

I've bought a new house

I've bought a new car

I've got a new job

This is my dinner

Facebook is great for winding up lefty spazmongers, although I have found a distinct lack of 'refugees welcome' spazmongery since a spike in muslim immigrant rapage.

I've bought a new house

I've bought a new car

I've got a new job

This is my dinner

Here it's more

I didn't buy a new house

I got sacked

I got a new illness

By the way, I've put my back out again. No, really.

I found this forum worked OK on my iPad, but I'd never type out a long message. It's just too tortuous. The spelling correct works nicely enough but it just takes too damn long hunting and pecking at the "keys" on the screen which may or may not register; there is no "tactile feel" to give feedback. It is actually quicker to walk upstairs and type said message on my PC.

The iPhone "keys" are just too small to hit accurately (on the standard size iPhone, the big one is probably better) and so I never type anything of any length on it. It's for viewing things and, now and again, sending back one word or one line replies, and checking my bank account balance.

Though I suppose if I were "growing up now" less used to PCs, I might consider the iPhone a "replacement for a computer" and might even be proficient enough with it to type out essays.

Archived