House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Holiday Sales To Collapse? Due To Terrorism?

Turkey, Tunisia, Egypt were off my list since about 2008.

Weekend breaks in Western European Cities are looking increasingly dodgy.

Other than the UK perhaps Spain / Portugal?

Poland -either Masury Lakes or the Baltic coast are nice in the Summer and you don't see many ROP members.

They may collapse to destinations such as North Africa and Turkey - but people will just go to Spain/portugal etc instead

On the other hand - you'll get the usual lot, who'll still go to North Africa and Turkey as the prices are slashed and 'it's a bargain' and then be interviewed by Sky when it all kicks off and they complain that the UK Government didn't send the SAS in to rescue them and their duty free.

I heard that Emirates is flying almost empty. So I've booked a flight to Perth W.A. for April. Hopefully I'll get three seats and be able to sleep through.

Edit to say: why should 'they' pick a plane I'm on? I'm more likely to get run over by a bus.

Guest eight

I heard that Emirates is flying almost empty. So I've booked a flight to Perth W.A. for April. Hopefully I'll get three seats and be able to sleep through.

Edit to say: why should 'they' pick a plane I'm on? I'm more likely to get run over by a bus.

Let's hope you don't get caught up in the Perth bus massacre.

Emirates is the Dubai airline isn't it? Interesting what you say about their passenger numbers haing fallen.

Stick to Europe, somewhere in the southern Med is just as hot with plenty of history and culture too.

Did I say I can do people a great deal on a Greek holiday...

I flew Emirates a few times in the last month and the planes were full.

I heard for an extra $50-100 many here prefer to use Singapore airlines. Plus you get the benefit of flying the long leg on an A380.

We are flying Emirates in June but only because we are going to Iran for a week......

Otherwise we would be in a Singapore Airlines Flight / Jetstar -BA combo

As I have said before on these pages, I'll never fly emirates or another ME airline. One, you often have to transit through ME hubs where you are at the mercy of corrupt and illogical practices. Two, you are supporting regimes (as the airlines almost all are linked to the nation/royals) which are destabilising the world and directly damaging western lives. I don't need a three.

What p**ses me off is the price for a cheap break in The Algarve will sky rocket now all these Turkey / Sharm El Sheik / Sousse fans will be turning up down there.

You don't know where they will strike next, they have struck Paris several times.

I'd steer clear of Greece too at the moment with all the migrant chaos.

West Africa is looking dodgy now so i would avoid The Gambia etc Canaries are just off the coast there too.

In answer to the OP yes holiday sales will collapse to certain destinations remember Russia has blocked its citizens from travelling to both Egypt & Turkey now which was widely expected to sink some Russian tour opperators.

UK tour opperators still have a flight ban imposed on sharm el sheik & tunisia AFAIK.

So that leaves tour opperators having to make up losses by inflating the prices for safer med destinations, airlines must be feeling the pinch too.

Oh yeah Indonesia is out too & The Bangkok shrine bombing.

Minehead is nice!

We did a Butlin's trip there, early 1980's - from Manchester, in a Morris Minor.. - 1st trip 'abroad' as a kid. Was brilliant.

Made a change from Blackpool & Rhyll

I heard for an extra $50-100 many here prefer to use Singapore airlines. Plus you get the benefit of flying the long leg on an A380.

We are flying Emirates in June but only because we are going to Iran for a week......

Otherwise we would be in a Singapore Airlines Flight / Jetstar -BA combo

I normally go Singapore Airlines, but on the flight times I want they're using the old aircraft but Emirates are using the A380. That, combined with a Gatwick departure, convenient flight times and empty planes, decided me on this occasion.

We did a Butlin's trip there, early 1980's - from Manchester, in a Morris Minor.. - 1st trip 'abroad' as a kid. Was brilliant.

Made a change from Blackpool & Rhyll

Aye, we all went to Butlitz Minehead on the train, when there was one, back in the 60s, Our suitcases went ahead. Dad didn't have a car. I didn't know I would end up living nearby.