House Price Crash Forum

Extremist Groups Must Be Allowed To Preach On British Campuses, New Oxford Vice Chancellor Says

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Good. I much prefer free speech and critical thinking to censorship and political correctness.

No. I much prefer free speech that will be videod by someone who does not wear jimjams, and than can be given to poilce so they can be either arrested or chucked out and mae to go back to the cr.phole they came from.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

"Extremist groups".

Presumably they don't mean the likes of ISS and those with links to it and all the others - or do they?

During World War 2 the enemy (that's what they call them isn't it - in fact France of the eu has declared war on them) wasn't allowed a voice at Oxford or anywhere else on home soil (apparently).

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I wonder if a single Journalist has asked this idiot whether that means that anti-immigration and anti-Islam speakers will be welcomed?

Or is this, as I suspect, very much a one way street.

HOLA4415

Sometimes this forum restores my faith in humanity :)

Ah ha! I agree to disagree with so many of my good friends on many subjects. We disagree, but still go to the pub together, and don't hit each other.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

What gets my goat, is the idea that "free speech" is OK for this lot, but not for them over there. Have they lost the plot? :o

"Pretending to agree on everything" is madness. :huh:

HOLA4418

What gets my goat, is the idea that "free speech" is OK for this lot, but not for them over there. Have they lost the plot? :o

"Pretending to agree on everything" is madness. :huh:

Have to add....

They wan't to ban/shout down others not because the banned person will incite hatred or violence in their own supporters, but because they will have to hear something they don't like and then they themselves will become hateful and enact violence.

It's ridiculous.

HOLA4419

There's something "1984" about not being able to hear a speaker you will disagree with. If I hear one, I am not protesting and shouting BTW. Just not agreeing. You are never righter by being louder. :blink: If you are never allowed to hear them, maybe you will not know they are there. :o

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

If this goes ahead it should be open to all speakers from all views.

(except banned organisations)

The Stage should be secured with high security to prevent access by the members of the audience.

And anyone attempting to shout down the speaker should be ejected imeadiatley.

And a Police presence in case speech turns to incitement to violence.

But i expect there is no intention of it being open to all speakers just the ones that are favoured.

HOLA4422

The Stage should be secured with high security to prevent access by the members of the audience.

But i expect there is no intention of it being open to all speakers just the ones that are favoured.

Blair and Alistair Campbell will be very proud of you

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

David Irving came to speak at my Student Union a couple of years after he'd published "Hitler's War" claiming Der Fuhrer was ignorant of the WWII genocide of Jews.

I wanted to hear his arguments but was impeded by a shrill Leftie rent-a-mob. It was perhaps my first real introduction to this brand of PC thuggery.

Thankfully, the talk went ahead and was broadcast by Union TV the next day on all the tellies in the refectory.

HOLA4425

Archived