House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Extremist Groups Must Be Allowed To Preach On British Campuses, New Oxford Vice Chancellor Says

Preach all you like. Nobody has to listen. :mellow:

Universities do that! They invite the unpopular or outrageous, so people can be outraged. :blink:

Good. I much prefer free speech and critical thinking to censorship and political correctness.

No. I much prefer free speech that will be videod by someone who does not wear jimjams, and than can be given to poilce so they can be either arrested or chucked out and mae to go back to the cr.phole they came from.

Preach all you like. Nobody has to listen. :mellow:

Good. I much prefer free speech and critical thinking to censorship and political correctness.

Sometimes this forum restores my faith in humanity :)

"Extremist groups".

Presumably they don't mean the likes of ISS and those with links to it and all the others - or do they?

During World War 2 the enemy (that's what they call them isn't it - in fact France of the eu has declared war on them) wasn't allowed a voice at Oxford or anywhere else on home soil (apparently).

I wonder if a single Journalist has asked this idiot whether that means that anti-immigration and anti-Islam speakers will be welcomed?

Or is this, as I suspect, very much a one way street.

Sometimes this forum restores my faith in humanity :)

Ah ha! I agree to disagree with so many of my good friends on many subjects. We disagree, but still go to the pub together, and don't hit each other.

What gets my goat, is the idea that "free speech" is OK for this lot, but not for them over there. Have they lost the plot? :o

"Pretending to agree on everything" is madness. :huh:

What gets my goat, is the idea that "free speech" is OK for this lot, but not for them over there. Have they lost the plot? :o

"Pretending to agree on everything" is madness. :huh:

Have to add....

They wan't to ban/shout down others not because the banned person will incite hatred or violence in their own supporters, but because they will have to hear something they don't like and then they themselves will become hateful and enact violence.

It's ridiculous.

There's something "1984" about not being able to hear a speaker you will disagree with. If I hear one, I am not protesting and shouting BTW. Just not agreeing. You are never righter by being louder. :blink: If you are never allowed to hear them, maybe you will not know they are there. :o

So, extremist groups are ok but Germaine Greer is not :wacko:?

GG is a sometimes amusing Australian Granny.

If this goes ahead it should be open to all speakers from all views.

(except banned organisations)

The Stage should be secured with high security to prevent access by the members of the audience.

And anyone attempting to shout down the speaker should be ejected imeadiatley.

And a Police presence in case speech turns to incitement to violence.

But i expect there is no intention of it being open to all speakers just the ones that are favoured.

The Stage should be secured with high security to prevent access by the members of the audience.

But i expect there is no intention of it being open to all speakers just the ones that are favoured.

Blair and Alistair Campbell will be very proud of you

Mr Wolfgang for Labour Leader! :unsure:;)

He seems to have what they are lacking.

David Irving came to speak at my Student Union a couple of years after he'd published "Hitler's War" claiming Der Fuhrer was ignorant of the WWII genocide of Jews.

I wanted to hear his arguments but was impeded by a shrill Leftie rent-a-mob. It was perhaps my first real introduction to this brand of PC thuggery.

Thankfully, the talk went ahead and was broadcast by Union TV the next day on all the tellies in the refectory.