House Price Crash Forum
azg

"no Onward Chain"

Rather unscientific I know, but I've just done a Rightmove search over a rectangular area of the M4 corridor from Ealing out towards Maidenhead, for all properties under £350k listed within the last 3 days. Of those, over half have a description including either the terms "no onward chain" or "investment opportunity" (or both).

Landlords starting to dump, or am I just seeing what I want to see? I've been searching this approximate area for about 2 years, and I swear I've never seen this number of no-chain properties before.

Reading seems to have more than 30 new properties per day last few weeks. Many are "investment opportunities", some with current tenants.

Every time I see a price approaching reasonable, it turns out to be Homewise scam with the same property advertised at a higher price as well. Can't be many takers, the idea seems pretty un..wise.

Ebola ? :P

Joking aside i`m seeing an increase in those sort of listings

I think the areas with higher rents will see the first waves bailing out en masse due to the fact even one property is likely to push the owner into the higher rate tax bracket plus higher rents generally reflect higher wages for that area and higher house prices which means higher debt and more than likely lower yields

Around my way someone earning 27K would more than likeley still be under the higher rate threshold with 2 -3 BTL

I'm keeping an eye on an area in the SE - one single postcode + 1/2 mile - and the number of unsold properties is HUGE compared to 12 months ago. I'd say over 15% of the entire housing stock is for sale!

Never seen that before.

Not much price dropping so far, tho

I'm keeping an eye on an area in the SE - one single postcode + 1/2 mile - and the number of unsold properties is HUGE compared to 12 months ago. I'd say over 15% of the entire housing stock is for sale!

Never seen that before.

Not much price dropping so far, tho

That's good news lack of supply has hampered price discovery via market forces,could be a sign of BTL selling and even better there's

none buying

When a market works properly the buyer sets the price and the buyers now will not have the same amount of leverage available to them if they are OO