House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Six O'clock News

Bossybabe

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I'm increasing of the opinion that the BBC operates in it's own entire universe.

David Bowie's sad parting was an example of this. I'm very sad to hear the news, and he was undoubtedly influential, made some cracking songs and will be greatly missed....however the level of coverage was someone disproportionate. In BBC-land I'm sure it made perfect sense...the songs were important to them at key points of their life etc....It either didn't occur to them that perhaps the rest of the population didn't feel entirely the same way, or they didn't care

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I'm increasing of the opinion that the BBC operates in it's own entire universe.

David Bowie's sad parting was an example of this. I'm very sad to hear the news, and he was undoubtedly influential, made some cracking songs and will be greatly missed....however the level of coverage was someone disproportionate. In BBC-land I'm sure it made perfect sense...the songs were important to them at key points of their life etc....It either didn't occur to them that perhaps the rest of the population didn't feel entirely the same way, or they didn't care

If he had been blown up by an islamic bomb, we probably would still think he was alive. :lol:

HOLA448

I can't wait to see it. The interview on the "news" clinched it for me.

I'm going to stick to Radio 4 for news in future.

I'm finding even Radio 4 is a bit too dumbed down, PC and MSM for my liking these days... the only BBC I still have in my house is the World Service.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I'm finding even Radio 4 is a bit too dumbed down, PC and MSM for my liking these days... the only BBC I still have in my house is the World Service.

I like Farming today. - whinge whinge.

And the business news at 6.15 is good.

Then ive lost interest, all too petty or brief or pointless. They dont add anything to the first 15 minutes.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I would far rather "The News" only had stuff about film releases & music. I might actually watch it.

I doubt my life has ever been enhanced or even informed by being told some nutter in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria or wherever blew himself up. I felt exactly the same during the "troubles". Who wants to know about such nonsense every day except depressives?

HOLA4413

Was an avid listener to radio 4 for decades, but then one day I just turned it off.

Same here. (Not decades though!) I used to listen whilst on site to keep my brain active or tinkering in the garage, and then one day I must have had a moment of clarity and realised how downhill it had gone.

I felt exactly the same during the "troubles". Who wants to know about such nonsense every day except depressives?

Even when I was a kid and they used to keep banging on about "The Troubles this" and "The Troubles that" I can remember thinking "Oh my god, I really do not CARE."

HOLA4414

I like Farming today. - whinge whinge.

And the business news at 6.15 is good.

Then ive lost interest, all too petty or brief or pointless. They dont add anything to the first 15 minutes.

Arr Farming! I always listen to that! ;)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Another three cheers for BBC World Service......BBC TV news is a wind up job, the news is all wrong, how they put it across is wrong and many of the presenters are annoying.... not a lot going for it I am afraid..... So using my great worldwide broadband radio can listen to news from all over the world, much of it important but never mentioned on our TV, for reasons I can never understand....keeping people dumb and uninformed?

HOLA4418

Another three cheers for BBC World Service......BBC TV news is a wind up job, the news is all wrong, how they put it across is wrong and many of the presenters are annoying.... not a lot going for it I am afraid..... So using my great worldwide broadband radio can listen to news from all over the world, much of it important but never mentioned on our TV, for reasons I can never understand....keeping people dumb and uninformed?

The website's no better.

The report also raised questions about Tokyo's successful 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games bid.

The Japanese beat the Turkish and Spanish capitals of Istanbul and Madrid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/35318106

HOLA4419

Most importantly it enabled them to fill air time with lots of archive footage which costs them nothing.

HOLA4420

Archived