House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Crap Councils

If they're in and registrered they'll just make the deadline on those.

Pushing ahead with the rest of the programme may just make financial sense but they have basically missed the boat.

Edinburgh City Council takes some ******ing beating.

I reckon Hull City Council has it beat. One of Hull's most historical features, Beverley gate (which refused entry to Charles I in 1642 and pretty much set off the civil war) is to be renovated before next year's city of culture celebration. The council's plan? Fill it in.

I never knew Hull had any historic features.

Interesting here to see Scottish councils all at the same time talking about big council tax increases. I wonder if they realise this is their last chance before they all get voted out next year?

Of course no new service improvements are offered in return for the tax increases...

I wonder if the Oldham councillor, used his relatives firm to fit those panels, after a trip to the Lodge?

Edinburgh City Council takes some ******ing beating.

Agreed. Though looks like Moray are on a mission to p*ss people off with an 18% council tax increase to fund their mismanagement.

Don't worry. From the photograph, Councillor Abdul Jabbar is personally installing them with his little electric drill, saving taxpayers thousands.

It's the crouch pose the photographers seem to love. My local councillor appeared on a leaflet crouching next to where daffodils will bloom the next year but it just looks like he's taking a dump on a grass verge.

Agreed. Though looks like Moray are on a mission to p*ss people off with an 18% council tax increase to fund their mismanagement.

In one year ^ ? :o

and Oldham have just done this

Not a defence in any way, but it occurred to me recently, when thinking about crazy efforts of politicans to get their pet projects implemented in the face of common sense and opposition, that it must be very frustrating when you have dedicated the last five years of your life to some project or other, and if it falls through you will have to start again from scratch. There must be a strong personal motivation just to get it done.

More than 9,000 asylum seekers were left destitute last year, according to new figures from the British Red Cross.
http://www.redcross.org.uk/About-us/News/2016/January/Record-number-of-UK-asylum-seekers-destitute

Around a quarter of the 23,500 asylum seekers arriving in the UK each year are sent to Greater Manchester, making it one of the country’s key dispersal areas.

£860/refugee over 5 years. That'll stop them being destitute.

Two lots of crap I see.

First, car parking machines. First the old ones. Then upgraded to ones that put your car reg number on because everyone was passing on the tickets. Then they upgraded to credit card ones because the charges are so effing huge you need plastic to pay for them.

Rubbish. The bin men seem to spend more time hunting through the rubbish to check the rubbish than actually collecting it. If they just collected it then dumped it that would probably cost less than them being employed for 2x as long collecting it.

Our local bin collection/ recycling trucks come out in the rush hour to block up the road! :huh: