House Price Crash Forum

Is This Site Really Still Going?

I speak for London here:

Have not been to visit this site for 6 months or so, I assumed you would have all packed your bags and moved on by now.

However I see much to your detriment so of you misguided fools are still banging on about a crash, when even the fool of all fools Ed Stansfield of Capital Economics has conceded.

Oh dear! Well guys hang in there for another 12 months I am sure by then property will be even more out of your reach.

Just to reiterate what I have always said:

No crash in the wider economy = no crash

No interest rate hike = no crash

Loads of Hype about the Olympics etc = no crash

There is NO REASON WHATSOVEVER for a housing crash at the moment. Just because you cannot afford a house in irrelevant to the market. London is the Capital of Europe and people want to live have, want a pad here, the successful business people of new economies often want a trophy property asset in London we should see Indian and Chinese investors competing with the Russians soon. Most graduate jobs are here, most young people want to work in London at least for a few years, London has huge DEMAND and limited SUPPLY.

I feel we have reached the end of the London property stagnation and should see good growth (4% – 6% pa) over the next few years.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I speak for London here:

Have not been to visit this site for 6 months or so, I assumed you would have all packed your bags and moved on by now.

However I see much to your detriment so of you misguided fools are still banging on about a crash, when even the fool of all fools Ed Stansfield of Capital Economics has conceded.

Oh dear! Well guys hang in there for another 12 months I am sure by then property will be even more out of your reach.

There is NO REASON WHATSOVEVER for a housing crash at the moment. Just because you cannot afford a house in irrelevant to the market. London is the Capital of Europe and people want to live have, want a pad here, the successful business people of new economies often want a trophy property asset in London we should see Indian and Chinese investors competing with the Russians soon. Most graduate jobs are here, most young people want to work in London at least for a few years, London has huge DEMAND and limited SUPPLY.

I feel we have reached the end of the London property stagnation and should see good growth (4% – 6% pa) over the next few years.

Well I think you are wrong. London wont be a nice place to live in with no bin men... No underground drivers... No hospital staff.... no Bar Staff...... No supermarket staff...... I could go on and on!

London will collapse if there is no property available for the people that makes the London machine tick!

yada yada..

Mate I am being offered new build places 205 below last year.

Identical builds..

Its happening.

and London, why are half of the dockland flats empty?

If its so great and everyone wants to live there..

why is it a ghost town..?

One article.. bless you..

they are dropping.

I would have needed £170,000 last year to buy a flat. New.

Identical flat this year is £130,000

I almost bought that flat last year buddy.. this site has saved me £40,000

:)

at the last crash there was a massive development of executive flats... bought before the end..

after the crash the developers sold it as social housing.,

there are thousands of flats in london..

that they can't sell..

Edited by apom

£130,000 sounds real nice! Peckham by any chance?

You can look at asking prices all you like but they mean nothing.

Developers make a product worth £300,000 and stick it on the market for £350,000 in mad markets. We are just seeing realistic pricing. All the price indices show prices staying firm.

Indeed private seller, often goaded by EA's encourage crazy asking prices. More often than not the vendor demands a high price and takes a good few months to be convinced otherwise.

The facts are prices in the smoke are rising.

Good point on the East End, there are far too many boring flats in very poor location being built there. However someone will buy them up they always do. I used to build good properties in good location with good size rooms. However having built a poor building in a poor location I found that people will by anything in the Capital such is the shortage of supply.

As for no bin men and nurses. Where to these people live in places such as Monaco? Maybe Ken should build a special fast train line to bring the meaninals into the City from the East?

I speak for London here:

<SCRUB>

you don't speak for me.

Packed my bags and moved on? If only I could afford to!

New Years Resolution - take second job

:rolleyes:

I speak for London here:

Dimwits like yourself going bust will be equally as irrelevant to the market. Remember to "average down" for the "long run" as the market goes against you.

Q: Why does property speculation spawn such w@nkers? I can't remember anyone bragging in 2000, "hey look I bought Cisco on margin at $120 nah nah nah nah nah... ". Is it the noveau wannabe-riche syndrome or what?

Developers make a product worth £300,000 and stick it on the market for £350,000 in mad markets. We are just seeing realistic pricing. All the price indices show prices staying firm.

Indeed private seller, often goaded by EA's encourage crazy asking prices. More often than not the vendor demands a high price and takes a good few months to be convinced otherwise.

Good point on the East End, there are far too many boring flats in very poor location being built there. However someone will buy them up they always do. I used to build good properties in good location with good size rooms. However having built a poor building in a poor location I found that people will by anything in the Capital such is the shortage of supply.

As for no bin men and nurses. Where to these people live in places such as Monaco? Maybe Ken should build a special fast train line to bring the meaninals into the City from the East?

sorry mate... talking devon here....

bless you..

and you are right.. people prepared to buy at today's prices are buying complete shite to be honest.. I have looked round some new builds..

Absolute shocking quality.. trash..

P,s I have worked in London before.. and yes the wages are higher..

but I found the air a bit too flavoured..

Expensive old place..

Good point on the East End, there are far too many boring flats in very poor location being built there. ..... However having built a poor building in a poor location I found that people will by anything in the Capital such is the shortage of supply.

That almost beats your other brilliant "missed the boat" quote! (see my signature). Only you could contradict yourself in your second post on returning!

What a joke you are old boy! :lol:

Edited by Sledgehead

I speak for London here:

Hi. How much money do you think your investment property will lose due to the SIPPs change? My brother has a flat in London (BTL) and he's really despondant. He can't sell it for what he paid in 2003!! And his rent has never covered his costs!!!

Still, I suppose you gave it a good try. What other investments will you try now?

Sledge your not very bright are you?

Are you an English Language Teacher?

There are too many boring flats in the East End, but such is the shortage of supply in London as a whole someone will buy them.

Rather than picking pedantic points with me try to look at the whole picture. (Look at the whole pie AKA David Brant!) It just makes you look small minded.

Aside: I told you 6 months ago you had missed the best time to buy, as per your quote, now the market is strengthening every day. That the was the low point of the London market now we are on the up. So glad a picked a few units up then. I sure you would rather pick up your shovel and go back down the coal mine.

There are too many boring flats in the East End, but such is the shortage of supply in London as a whole someone will buy them.

Rather than picking pedantic points with me try to look at the whole picture. (Look at the whole pie AKA David Brant!) It just makes you look small minded.

Aside: I told you 6 months ago you had missed the best time to buy, as per your quote, now the market is strengthening every day. That the was the low point of the London market now we are on the up. So glad a picked a few units up then. I sure you would rather pick up your shovel and go back down the coal mine.

I'm now fairly convinced you don't own any property at all.

In my experience, successful people dont taunt those who they think aren't.

In Sledge's defence you are the one coming across as not so bright... Your only reply to my question on how key services will be maintained if the prices rise further was how does monaco survive... and then you follow that with a stupid idea of building an express line from the east.....

That shows how irrational your statements are and you give me the impression that you think "The prices are going up... I dont know why but they just are....." You need to wake up and smell the fumes my friend!

All I'm saying is that anyone stupid enough to be posting on this site, in view of the current economy and housing market, must be either:

Very bored

Need friends

Very misguided about the market

Very upset about not owning a property

A wannabe BTL / property investor / builder???

We all make mistakes, I make loads! Just say hands up we were wrong, fair play, and move on.

Property was a one way bet some of us backed it others did not. There will be other one way bets in the future. Focus on finding those and stop trying to deny the facts about property. You just look so so so stupid.

The “its not fair factor” is so evident in most of the postings. If you so desperate to buy a property accept the market, find a good deal, and buy. And if you can’t afford it because of crazy prices: get a better paid job!

See you in 6 months for another laugh!

I didn't know David Brant (should that be Brent?) was Also Known As Look at the whole pie. Must have missed an episode........

All I'm saying is that anyone stupid enough to be posting on this site, in view of the current economy and housing market, must be either:

Very bored

Need friends

We all make mistakes, I make loads! Just say hands up we were wrong, fair play, and move on.

Property was a one way bet some of us backed it others did not. There will be other one way bets in the future. Focus on finding those and stop trying to deny the facts about property. You just look so so so stupid.

The “its not fair factor” is so evident in most of the postings. If you so desperate to buy a property accept the market, find a good deal, and buy. And if you can’t afford it because of crazy prices: get a better paid job!

See you in 6 months for another laugh!

Another fool who doesn't understand economic cycles.

I will enjoy buying properties off these type of people when they go bankrupt.

Go buy some new-build BTL flats, you know you want to...

And here you go again:

I told you 6 months ago you had missed the best time to buy....That the was the low point of the London market

So what was it? A missed boat or the low point? You really can't help but contradict yourself can you? Why oh why do you feel the need to come here? It is clear you can quite happily spend days just arguing with yourself. Please, please STOP! You are making my ribs ache you sod. No more, please! :lol:

Are you an English Language Teacher? ..... I sure you would rather pick up your shovel and go back down the coal mine.

I have some disappointing news for you. You know that guy who taught you english as a foreign language? Blackened face? Shovel in hand? Yep: he was a miner. It is all starting to make sense.... :lol:

Edited by Sledgehead
Guest Winners and Losers

Tut tut to you BTLlondon. Peckham, right, like we can all afford to live in central London. Lucky you. I'd say you must be in the minority sweetheart.

BTLLondon Quote:

Very bored

Need friends

Which one are you then?

I am guessing "All of the above."

I didn't know David Brant (should that be Brent?) was Also Known As Look at the whole pie. Must have missed an episode........

khali, you've misunderstood BTLLondon - easily done - his english teacher was a miner, doncha know... what he meant was you should look at "the whole pie". See, it's "the whole pie" whose alias is David Brant (or Brent), at least that's what BTLLondon claimed. I rather think he's confusing this David Brant/Brent with John Prescott.... "Look at the whole pie" is a different person althogether.... I'm not even sure he has an alias... or even exists!

Edited by Sledgehead

BTLLondon Quote:

Very bored

Need friends

Which one are you then?

:lol: Nice one!

If he was doing all right he wouldn't come here would he?

Guest Winners and Losers

Should we be saying AWOOGA??? Yes, bored, no friends, misguided, own a property but upset anyway, oh and yes, OF COURSE I wannabe a BTL/ property investor/ builder. Oh, to be one of such clarity.....

BTLLondon Quote:

Very bored

Need friends

Which one are you then?

:lol: Nice one!

If he was doing all right he wouldn't come here would he?

Thats what I was thinking! The only person that would come here either has doubts about the long term prospects of the UK housing market or has no doubts a HPC is here or soon to be here...

either that or they are a very angry BTL'r who wishes he has never remortgaged his home 2 yrs ago as he sees the light a little too late!!

I speak for London here:

The only reason the site might have disappeared BTL is because the event HPC.com was set up to discuss has occurred and anything after this is a form of mildly sadistic voyeurism. In fact if you dare come back in 6 months time you will find it terribly irritatingly smug.

The HPC is now like a unfolding car crash - horribly fascinating to watch - and the only question is how many casualties there will be.

Have you actually seen the flats at Kings Cross? A trophy property asset indeed.

The Fox.