House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patfig

Scottish University Fees

Do any of you good people know if there are any time limits on how long you have to reside in Scotland to receive a free university place? On of my kids is keen on Edinburgh so I am thinking a move might be interesting.

Mmmm could be tricky !!

Not sure about the fees situation - tried a Google ?

"Ordinarily resident" for three years prior to starting the course looks to be the criterion but I'm not finding that widely advertised so no decent link Pat, and demonstrating that you haven't just moved up for the freebie which is why you really have moved up there.

Though why you chose to live in the very coldest part of Cornwall and now want to live in the coldest part of Britain baffles me; are you a penguin?

no, just marry some Scottish bint with a really highly unpronounceable almost certainly gaelic derived surname, and then scream racism at the council involved because your surname, hence heritage, is quite obviously more Scottish than them.

Shouldn't be discriminating against people living south of the border because of where they happen to live...this is a gene thing.

helps if they are ginger as well

they are a proud bunch up there, and your clan roots count for a lot.

My wife's Scottish and we live in England so that isn't a free pass either. She went to Edinburgh University too but that was before the fees so irrelevant really.

From talking to her and feedback from her friends in jock land you and your children have to be resident for at least a few years first.

no, just marry some Scottish bint with a really highly unpronounceable almost certainly gaelic derived surname, and then scream racism at the council involved because your surname, hence heritage, is quite obviously more Scottish than them.

Shouldn't be discriminating against people living south of the border because of where they happen to live...this is a gene thing.

helps if they are ginger as well

they are a proud bunch up there, and your clan roots count for a lot.

You don't half talk some nonsense! (And that's coming from me!)

Its not cold in South East Cornwall, its just miserable :D

I do think Cornwall has a 'miserable' climate. Dampness takes on a whole new context when you are in Cornwall.