House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turned Out Nice Again

The David Bowie Thread

What were his houses worth? Too soon?

Too young for anyone to die although Ive never really enjoyed much of his music, voice, acting or "art" to be brutally honest. One creative I really didnt "get".

An immense talent.

However, I've gone through my life and he's just been there, always on the radio. To the extent where i actually dont own a single song by him.

He's from an age of genuine rock gods, the kind that we won't see again.

I loved his appearance in Extras. Thought at the time that was a coup for Gervais to get him to do that.

He is about to sell shed loads of units.

RIP. A truly great life.

One of those shocked moments. I missed the Bowie fandom thing, not quite getting him in the 70s.

Great artist, innovative and transient. One of the greats, and will endure because the body of work is so good.

One of my go-to karaoke songs is Life of Mars :) - manage a bit of an impersonation.

RIP Starman.

An absolute god of music and artistry. Very sadly missed, was shocked to hear it this morning - first Lemmy and now Bowie. FFS.

... why c*nts like Donald Rumsfleld, George Bush (snr and jnr), Assad et al are still walking around eludes me.

One of my first girlfriends was a Bowie fan, happy memories. Today I will be playing Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust on vinyl and trying not to embarrass my wife by getting emotional.

Time takes a cigarette...

Any reason given for his death, his outward appearance was youthful, full head of hair youngish complexion. He was under weight most of his life and in the seventies was about eight stone with white translucent skin more typical of a ten year old.

Just goes to show you can't go on outward appearance. Can't believe Geoffrey Chater is still alive, for example, fifty years ago he would have been cast as Bowie's Dad as he looked at the start of this year..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--9ozznUSBo8/UQfbFayoCPI/AAAAAAAAA_Y/y96iVeE86x0/s1600/chater.jpg

Never quite got his music personally. My only lasting memory of him is from the movie he was in back in the 80's and he walked upside down (Labyrinth?) and it scared the sh*t out of me. I was 7. I shouldn't have been scared by that surely.

Any reason given for his death, his outward appearance was youthful, full head of hair youngish complexion. He was under weight most of his life and in the seventies was about eight stone with white translucent skin more typical of a ten year old.

Feck no.

He looks ill in this video.

skip to 4.41

Knocked for six at this. My main man. Truly we have lost a genius. Couldn't wait for Blackstar to come out (love it). Seems he had cancer and had been ill for 18 months. RIP starman xx

Surprised no one's yet asked what bad news has been slipped out this morning under the radar.

BBC have gone completely over the top. Even when some big event happens, e.g. 9/11, they normally spare a few seconds to mention "other headlines" - but not today. I don't care how big a fan you were, that's a disgrace.

A total No News day.

Gutted.

I've got more of his records than anyone else.

Thats a pretty big claim !!

1071.jpg

Rather like Cat People which he co- wrote and performed. Doesn't make the singles album, guess it doesn't count as a single. But a very Bowie piece and one that should appeal to you.

I've been feeling even more depressed than I normally do since I heard the news :(. All the greats are dying and being replaced by crap. Loved Bowie.

An absolute god of music and artistry. Very sadly missed, was shocked to hear it this morning - first Lemmy and now Bowie. FFS.

... why c*nts like Donald Rumsfleld, George Bush (snr and jnr), Assad et al are still walking around eludes me.

Errr..... you don't think the cocktail of drugs and booze they openly consumed would have much to do with it?