House Price Crash Forum

Female Genital Mutilation And Piercings.

longtomsilver

HOLA441

Last night while at work a couple of charming lasses were telling me that they had their bits pierced that day which is nothing I haven't seen before as an old girlfriend of mine had her hood (this isn't under the bonnet of a V8 Mr Pin) bejewelled and I had the unenviable task of switching jewellery. Aesthetically as far as that area goes not a terrible addition. Anyway, at the end of the night as we were closing up they proudly lifted their skirts and myself and a few bouncers caught a glimpse of what can only be described as a brutal piercing on the pubic bone that goes by the name of a ?Christina I asked why that one and not the one my ex had had and one told me that performing such piercings is now illegal otherwise they'd have gone for the (I suppose, healing time) less invasive procedure. At first I didn't believe them re. government meddling and looked it up on line and apparently it's classed as female Genital Mutilation. While this may not be everyone's cup of tea I find it offensive that anyone other than the person themselves can dictate to what they can and can not do to their own bodies.

This piercing (Christina) has a high rejection and infection rate.

HOLA442
HOLA443

I've seen a "fanny jewel" before! :wacko: Not my cup of tea, but there you go!

maybe "fanny magnets" is going to be the new fashion!!

not exactly a piercing so no FGM issue, just two bits of very strongly magnetised metal on either side of each flap. :o:o:o:o

HOLA444

I've seen a "fanny jewel" before! :wacko: Not my cup of tea, but there you go!

Whether you like the idea or not I still see this as an attack on women's liberties. Yet again the government pandering to a minority using a catch all to affect the masses. In the same vein as the Cologne governor telling her female citizens to change their behaviour and dress more appropriately (moderately).

I can't see a ruling on male gen. Mutilation. One sided.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Whether you like the idea or not I still see this as an attack on women's liberties. Yet again the government pandering to a minority using a catch all to affect the masses. In the same vein as the Cologne governor telling her female citizens to change their behaviour and dress more appropriately (moderately).

I can't see a ruling on male gen. Mutilation. One sided.

Not really the Government isn't pandering to a minority by banning FGM are they?

The ban has to be appled to all citizens though.

HOLA447
HOLA448

FGM is a problem because it is done to children for reasons of religion (same could be said of circumcision).

Allowing grown-ups to it to themselves is something different - as gross as it is.

They have lumped it all together so the resulting number is meaningless. Do we have a problem with FGM? Don't know the numbers mean nothing.

HOLA449

FGM is a problem because it is done to children for reasons of religion (same could be said of circumcision).

Allowing grown-ups to it to themselves is something different - as gross as it is.

It's "stop the fun" operation. Even girls deserve fun! It's a bit one step up from a missing foreskin!

HOLA4410

It's "stop the fun" operation. Even girls deserve fun! It's a bit one step up from a missing foreskin!

I love my foreskin. It's the best bit. I'd be lost without it.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Yes, this sort of thing should be a matter of it being informed consent by adults over 18.

Give the rise of antibiotic resistant bacteria though, I'm surprised at the bits of intimate anatomy that people pierce and stick bits of metal through. Imagine the consequences of bad septicaemia down there. :o

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Yes, this sort of thing should be a matter of it being informed consent by adults over 18.

Give the rise of antibiotic resistant bacteria though, I'm surprised at the bits of intimate anatomy that people pierce and stick bits of metal through. Imagine the consequences of bad septicaemia down there. :o

Should be no worse than an ear piercing!

Archived