House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Home Solar Power Heating System For Just £50 Made Entirely From... Beer Cans

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3389024/Eureka-Serbian-maths-prof-creates-home-solar-power-heating-just-50-entirely-BEER-CANS.html

With winter temperatures plummeting across Europe a Serbian maths professor has come up with a novel, not to mention economical, way of heating his house for free - by using empty beer cans to create a solar power heating system.

Darko Milicevic has turned the empties into solar panels which look set to save him as much as £500 a year on heating bills, which is almost twice the average salary in Serbia.

So far his invention for the beer can solar panels on the roof and radiators has cost the 39-year-old just £50.

Somewhat unsurprisingly, Mr Milicevic, from Paracin, in central Serbia, came up with the idea after drinking a few of his favourite beers.

He told MailOnline: 'I was thinking about how to make my own heating system free of charge, because everyone wants to make their lives easier during this [economic] crisis.

'Then I realised I could use beer cans instead of buying copper tubes.

'I drink beer anyway and it was fun inventing something alternative.'

Using 44 cans, Mr Milicevic, who teaches maths at the local high school, constructed his experimental 3.5ft-long beer can panel as a prototype.

Boring 22 holes into two planks of wood, he them balanced the cans on top of each other before drilling little ventilation holes into them and painting them black.

'The system is similar as in all solar panels,' he explained.

'I placed it on the southern wall of my house. The sun rays heat the air in the cans and the hot air naturally goes up through the cans and into the house, heating the space there.'

Rather than recycle your beer cans make some heating instead!

This is the daily mail so everything adds up - the average energy bill in Serbia is twice the average salary.

He could add some tealights too - for only 8p a day he make millions!

This is the daily mail so everything adds up - t.he average energy bill in Serbia is twice the average salary

He could add some tealights too - for only 8p a day he make millions!

The point where i stopped reading

Not quite as impressive as "Can Man" from Hartlepool, who "insulated" his house with 75,000 beer cans.

Although he was well-known in these parts, I was surprised that his recent passing got a national tribute - in the Daily Mail of all places...!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3307588/Tributes-man-decorated-home-75-000-beer-cans.html

And here's a short video of this can-tastic bloke and his excellent house...

;)

XYY