House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

giesahoose

Systemic Insurance Fraud

See my thread in off topic about the police woman who retired in her late 20s on £2500 per month due to inspecific muscular injuries

It doesn't help that I had an accident in October (my fault) but within days was getting phone calls from ambulance chasers telling me they could get me compo. Clearly MY insurance company had sold my details to these companies. So no, I have no sympathy for insurance companies who are being scammed by these people when it's the insurance companies setting the ball rolling.

It doesn't help that I had an accident in October (my fault) but within days was getting phone calls from ambulance chasers telling me they could get me compo. Clearly MY insurance company had sold my details to these companies. So no, I have no sympathy for insurance companies who are being scammed by these people when it's the insurance companies setting the ball rolling.

Don't think it is the insurance firms themselves (unless you can provide a link) but recovery firms like the AA or RAC and local firms who sell on the registration numbers to the parasites.

They then pay the few £ enter them into the DVLC database to get the registered keep info.

DVLC are also party to this as they hawk the personal details of all vehicles owners on for a small fee. Osborne also needs to address that.

It was maybe 15 years ago that my daughter was in a very minor accident - she was with a friend and the friend's cousin, who was driving. This family is as dodgy as they come anyway - under the cloak of nice houses and flash cars - but we were still surprised when both the friend's and the cousin's dads started urging her to make a whiplash claim. I had never heard of this sort of scam then, and daughter protested that she hadn't been injured, hadn't been to the doctor, etc.

'Oh, that doesn't matter! You can claim anyway - you could get two grand!'

She didn't, and I still don't know whether the other two did - almost certainly yes.