House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rollover

Number Of Tenants In Serious Arrears Rising

The number of tenants falling seriously behind on rent went up by 13.8 per cent between the three months to June and the three months to September, according to figures released this morning. There were 84,200 tenants more than two months behind on their payments between July and September – the most for two years, the data from estate agents Your Move and Reeds Rains reveals. http://www.cityam.com/231937/number-of-tenants-in-serious-arrears-rising?ITO=stream

As I keep saying - BTL mortgages are seriously underpriced forthe risks they carry.

BTL repayment should be @8%

BTL IO should not exist.

As I keep saying - BTL mortgages are seriously underpriced forthe risks they carry.

BTL repayment should be @8%

BTL IO should not exist.

I vote for spyguy to be chancellor.

It's like the economy isn't recovering.

One solution is to allow renters to borrow the rent money against future income.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They probably already are

:blink:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Given how high rents are, frankly I'm surprised the figures aren't higher. "Work pays", say David Cameron et al - you sure about that guys?

We got a letter recommending loan co-ops from the council a couple of years ago ! I think we were supposed to borrow money to pay the rent...

Then in last year`s budget the government said that they`d cut our rents by 1% per year ! (over the next 4 years)

So....GO gets it right !!

You joke about this, but I can see a day fast approaching where I might have to take this option. I have had serious health problems for well over a decade now. Years ago I used my own insurance cover to get me through a very bad period that I went through. But not once did I entertain the welfare option, though I might add I am more than grateful that option is there as should any hard working person who might one day hit some adversity.

Despite my illness and very short recovery I am back at work running my own business, and as usual I pay my own Bills and of course extortionate rent. I would have no problem at all making a decision today that I can no longer cope and getting housing benefit without much checking on my health, something I am fighting not to do.

I have over the years seen people in good health deciding that they cannot cope and think sod it I am going on to benefits and housing benefit, some of them I actually understand because of how hard it is, some wasters though.

This government needs to start making any kind of working wage count before far too many people take the easier route

They don't really care whether you are a 'hard worker' (well, at least to the extent that you aren't a drain). It is just a rhetorical enabler for cutting financial support. Many people only realise this when their circumstances deteriorate and they transmutate into scroungers. I suppose it's a nicer sell to the population than 'we're/you're not paying for deadweights'.

It's like the economy isn't recovering.

One solution is to allow renters to borrow the rent money against future income.....

It would be funny if it wasn't so possible.......everything is a possible, nothing must be allowed to fail.....must keep the plates spinning at all costs, whatever it costs.. ;)

I have just checked on 118 and MSE, and yet again it seems like the best solution for this latest landlords problem is, wait for

PUT THE RENTS UP :)

Problem solved

Clearly need "help for landlords" launched by DC in his Whitney village green to help struggling boomers letting out flats to hard up working families in Chelmsford

The number of tenants falling seriously behind on rent went up by 13.8 per cent between the three months to June and the three months to September, according to figures released this morning. There were 84,200 tenants more than two months behind on their payments between July and September the most for two years, the data from estate agents Your Move and Reeds Rains reveals. http://www.cityam.com/231937/number-of-tenants-in-serious-arrears-rising?ITO=stream

Sounds like it might be harder to raise rents than the entrepreneurs think

Edited by MississippiJohnHurt

Sounds like it might be harder to raise rents than the entrepreneurs think

EVERYONE SHOULD DO ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO

NOT PAY THE RENT

JUST PAY ONE THIRD OF IT AT THE MOST.

EVERYONE SHOULD DO ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO

NOT PAY THE RENT

JUST PAY ONE THIRD OF IT AT THE MOST.

Not really practical unless you want to be evicted and credit black listed at the same time.

Was watching "Can't Pay, Take it Away" the other day. Tenant being evicted from what looked like a former local authority flat. The rent ? £500 per week.

Not really practical unless you want to be evicted and credit black listed at the same time.

Was watching "Can't Pay, Take it Away" the other day. Tenant being evicted from what looked like a former local authority flat. The rent ? £500 per week.

Scandalous. Really makes my blood boil.

We are going to look back one day ---- with UTTER INCREDULITY at the "prices" and rents....