House Price Crash Forum

Gunmen Open Fire On Tourist Bus At Giza Pyramids

workingpoor

HOLA441

Breaking:

http://news.sky.com/story/1618343/gunmen-open-fire-on-tourist-bus-in-egypt

Egyptian authorities are hunting two masked gunmen who opened fire on a tourist bus near the Giza pyramids.

Security sources in Cairo said there have been no deaths among the group of holidaymakers, which included two Israelis.

An official said there had been some damage to the facade of the Three Pyramids Hotel.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Why anyone would tourist in Egypt is beyond me. I'd like to know if people who end up being kidnapped/murdered in exotic locations are always the ones who always say "naaaaw there's NOTHING to worry about"?

I'm clearly on the paranoid spectrum (not in the medical sense) as I even avoided large crowds in Moscow just after the plane blew up from Egypt. Maybe that's just me.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Why anyone would tourist in Egypt is beyond me. I'd like to know if people who end up being kidnapped/murdered in exotic locations are always the ones who always say "naaaaw there's NOTHING to worry about"?

I'm clearly on the paranoid spectrum (not in the medical sense) as I even avoided large crowds in Moscow just after the plane blew up from Egypt. Maybe that's just me.

900,000 UK citizens visit Egypt per year, so clearly not that bothered. Haven't actually heard of anybody being killed so your odds are pretty good.

I won't bother with the normal warnings about crossing roads, or whatever.

Having said that, been to Egypt one, would never go back, total toilet.

HOLA447
HOLA448

I went to Egypt a few times, but not as a tourist. Of course I went to see pyramids. Egypt is probably pretty safe, despite this event.

HOLA449

I don't think 900,000 uk citizens a year visit Egypt anymore (or russian tourists for that matter)

The damage is done now, there may have still been some determined to see the Pyramids up until todays attack where those people came out of their hotel to board coaches to the Pyramids and were subject to a fusilade of bullets.

Theres no windows left on the coaches and the front of the hotel is all shot up.

The 2 gunmen are still on the run.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I sort of feel sorry for the Egyptians who do not buy into some sort of middle-aged version of Islam.

A relative has finished a stint in Syria with an international org.

I pick up on hi Syrian friends.

The men + women he befriended their come cross as pretty on their FB - they are far more social progressed than the Mipuri hill-billies who have took up residence in Bradford + Luton.

To be honest, a lot of the women are hot. Again, this is Damascus rather than some desert sh1thole,

Its a shame we cannot do a 1-for-1 swap, replace our Mipuries with the Syrian middle class.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

You are because surely a large crowd in Moscow after that incident was a very very safe place to be......

HOLA4415

Are they trying to twin with Manchester? http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jan/07/police-very-concerned-spate-shootings-greater-manchester

Of course if you're not involved with the gangs in Manchester you're unlikely to become a target...not unknown for "mistakes" to be made though..

Mexico's another place where multiple murders often take place and still the tourists go, but are generally not a target.

Would I go to Egypt? Seems a bit risky just to cross off "seeing the pyramids in person".

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

When I saw pyramids I went on a horse. Camels are too wobbly. :wacko: Nobody shot me at all. Cairo has 20 million people!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

The 2 dead policemen were shot just near the Pyramids at Giza

I am sorry to hear that! Egyptian police are very polite, even if you drive the wrong way!

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived