House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
onlyme2

Jumping Ship Thread - 2016

Can be a signal of what is to come.

Marks & Spencer revealed today that chief executive Marc Bolland is to retire in April as it reported a plunge in pre-Christmas sales for its fashion division.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/business/marks_spencer_boss_marc_bolland_to_step_down_after_disappointing_christmas_sales_1_4370384

Details of the change at the top came as M&S posted a 5.8% fall in like-for-like sales within its general merchandise business, which includes clothing, in the 13 weeks to December 26.

when my sister worked for tj hughes and they went under them employed managing directory called beatrice something. Every retail place she worked for went under.

More deflation to come as large numbers of baby boomers retire and a lot less millennials can't afford the prices...only solution is more immigration or more babies... Guess which one politicians have gone for.

More deflation to come as large numbers of baby boomers retire and a lot less millennials can't afford the prices...only solution is more immigration or more babies... Guess which one politicians have gone for.

Surely you don't mean more baby immigrants?

Will be plenty of horrible retail results coming. Get out while your ahead if your in charge. Let some other mug cope with running the place during a recession.

it's easy to look good when the business cycle is cycling the company shares higher. but all your decisions can be shown up for what they were during the looming recession.

Leave with an unblemished record of profits and growth. Sensible man.

i think they are trying to link it to poor performance. but it speaks volumes that hes leaving with a drop in sales instead of waiting for the recovery. makes me think he knows the worst is yet to come he can probably see the sales figures diving into 2016 already

M&S clothes are over priced and their 'name' does not justify the price they charge.....they are not London you know. ;)

Although when I was a child I hated being dragged around M&S, it does now bring back fond memories. It was much more classy back then. The stores had carpets for one which made it seem cosy. Now it just feels like a warehouse.

They don't get it.

Premium brands worked when they were quality and made in British factories

People only want to buy sweat shop tat at sweat shop prices, not premium brand prices

Why do you think Jag's, Range Rovers, Bini's and Aston Martins are still made here?

When I go in there and I look at the clothes they fall into two categories, either the right price but nasty quality or reasonable quality but a too high price. Perhaps I am the wrong customer?

Edited by LiveinHope

They don't get it.

Premium brands worked when they were quality and made in British factories

People only want to buy sweat shop tat at sweat shop prices, not premium brand prices

Why do you think Jag's, Range Rovers, Bini's and Aston Martins are still made here?

Especially when the shop almost next door reflects the sweat shop price at identical or even better quality.

Edited by billybong