House Price Crash Forum

Halifax Up 1.7

The only thing I can think is that low sales volumes have now made the index volatile and pointless !!!

Or they are making it up.

Or, all of us on here have lost the plot and 400K for a house that cost £50K 15 years ago is sane.

Or is it per quarter ?

It's crazy mental.

I checked

Per month

Crazy mental

We need interest rate rises. No we don't we need more htb!

A measure of the HBOS loan book.

Wouldn't be the first time they were full on spunking money into a bubble, even when it has already peaked. Certainly by their incessant adverts they are the keen debt mongers on the block.

Time to watch Lloyds share price.

A measure of the HBOS loan book.

Wouldn't be the first time they were full on spunking money into a bubble, even when it has already peaked. Certainly by their incessant adverts they are the keen debt mongers on the block.

Time to watch Lloyds share price.

Before or after the share sell off ?

Get your shares now !!!

Amateur BTLers rushing in to beat the April tax deadline?

Even still...If you and I were going to but a BTL, wouldn't you try and hammer down the prices and price in any fall post April ?

I'm going to shove my head in the sand now and pretend this isn't happening.

Shows the goldfish-like memory of the average Joes.

Prices in the UK are crazy as a whole. London though, that is madness on a whole different scale.

Average rent 2,000 quid plus? Are London salaries like 80K minimum or do people live 5/house?

For once I can understand these figures, looking at the local market about 50% of stock is sold, that's very unusual circa the Christmas holidays. Also volumes of new listings are tiny.

It's unclear what effect the deflationary meltdown of commodities and stock markets will have, it could actually reinforce the Brits bias towards property. This is what occurred in 2003, a complete meltdown in global markets during the spring coinciding with the maximum velocity of the Brown house price boom.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2016/jan/07/stock-markets-slide-after-china-suspends-trading-again-live-updates

Record fall in China's foreign exchange reserves

As if there wasn’t already enough to worry about, China has revealed a record drop in its foreign exchange reserves.

New data from the People’s Bank of China show that its FX reserves shrank by $107bn in December - the biggest monthly drop on record.

It suggests that China was forced to use more firepower supporting the yuan last month, as capital flows out of the Chinese economy:

This is relevant. That money is going somewhere and it wouldn't be the first time a house price bubble has been blown up from the proceeds of another. This can go on for some time yet...

http://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2016/jan/07/stock-markets-slide-after-china-suspends-trading-again-live-updates

Record fall in China's foreign exchange reserves

As if there wasn’t already enough to worry about, China has revealed a record drop in its foreign exchange reserves.

New data from the People’s Bank of China show that its FX reserves shrank by $107bn in December - the biggest monthly drop on record.

It suggests that China was forced to use more firepower supporting the yuan last month, as capital flows out of the Chinese economy:

This is relevant. That money is going somewhere and it wouldn't be the first time a house price bubble has been blown up from the proceeds of another. This can go on for some time yet...

No it can't.

it wont make the end of the summer.

Amateur BTLers rushing in to beat the April tax deadline?

Nail on the head. After April my prediction is that the reality will dawn, and prices will be in freefall by the end of the year.

Nail on the head. After April my prediction is that the reality will dawn, and prices will be in freefall by the end of the year.

Are "investors" really that stupid ?

I'm not an investor because I'm stupid.

Surely its the last few greater fools.

While we sit here with good information and find it implausible that anyone would buy in this market, many people out there are completely unaware of what is going on in the world. Also I think when buying a house, you may be acting on a decision and chain of events that you initiated a year ago.

The liar loans are back most of my street wa son the market for the best part of two years, folk started cutting prices liar loans came back and they all got sold.

Its hilarious, cant go wrong with propertee.