House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Uk Economy Faces 'dangerous Cocktail' Of Risks

Getting the excuses in.

Bet he does mention once how we would be far better insulated against external economics if we did not have a two faced shyster running up the debt mountain that this population has to carry.

Faces the same risks as 2007, except the debt - government and personal - is worse.

GO problem is if he'd let housing fall in 2010 he could have rightly blamed Brown + Labour.

6 years on, its no his fault.

Problem for delaying for time is a lot of times the situation gets worse.

Take the hit when it its closest.

I realized this Gem last night

Have the British people who have bought an "executive apartment" aka a flat, in London over the last 2 years realised that if the Chinese economy tanks, the stock market collapses, their banks collapse and their currency collapses there will be a whole lot of "investors" struggling to pay suddenly very high mortgages so they might well be trying to sell their mega inflated London proprties,.....

but they will be able to take a massive hit on price due to the currency collapse ( if they have a Yuan mortgage ).....this does not bode well for British people buying houses in Britain.

What a sad sad state of affairs.

Welcome to the global economy.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Faces the same risks as 2007, except the debt - government and personal - is worse.

GO problem is if he'd let housing fall in 2010 he could have rightly blamed Brown + Labour.

If I were Osborne I'd be watching global financial and geopolitical events and seeing one massive get out of jail free card. I do wonder if this is partly responsible for the sudden shift in rhetoric on house prices and BTL. If you know it's going to go bang at some point whether you like it or not, why not help it along at a time when you can blame the Chinese, Middle East instability, collapsing oil prices and BTL speculation.

If I were Osborne I'd be watching global financial and geopolitical events and seeing one massive get out of jail free card. I do wonder if this is partly responsible for the sudden shift in rhetoric on house prices and BTL. If you know it's going to go bang at some point whether you like it or not, why not help it along at a time when you can blame the Chinese, Middle East instability, collapsing oil prices and BTL speculation.

That's a good point. I really do struggle to believe the government ( forget the MPs ) are stupid idiots that have no plan or ideal what is going on.

If the government is switched on ( and history shows that the British government has a certain longevity ) then one has to believe that they know what is coming ( better than us idiots discussing things on forums and certainly the general public ) they must have access to data, contacts, spies all round the world that we are not party to. The MPs are the government's front me they seem to talk everything up, so if they are pushing a negative message then it's probably wise to listen !!!

Based on that assumption, if they know a s**t storm is coming ( or already here ) wouldn't they then position themselves as best they could to make it look like they are doing us a favor ?

I would, and I'm not some evil power made conscienceless nutter....actual I am but that's another story :lol:

Look at Andrew The German ( I think ) buying a house in Switzerland the day before the currency peg the euro was removed...Coincidence or did his very powerful family know something we didn't ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

That's a good point. I really do struggle to believe the government ( forget the MPs ) are stupid idiots that have no plan or ideal what is going on.

If the government is switched on ( and history shows that the British government has a certain longevity ) then one has to believe that they know what is coming ( better than us idiots discussing things on forums and certainly the general public ) they must have access to data, contacts, spies all round the world that we are not party to. The MPs are the government's front me they seem to talk everything up, so if they are pushing a negative message then it's probably wise to listen !!!

Based on that assumption, if they know a s**t storm is coming ( or already here ) wouldn't they then position themselves as best they could to make it look like they are doing us a favor ?

I would, and I'm not some evil power made conscienceless nutter....actual I am but that's another story :lol:

Look at Andrew The German ( I think ) buying a house in Switzerland the day before the currency peg the euro was removed...Coincidence or did his very powerful family know something we didn't ?

No question in my mind that they have a very good idea what's around the corner, not just through data etc, but because they are actively shaping future conditions with current policy. Whether those future conditions align with my / our expectations remains to be seen of course, but it's definitely shaping up for an interesting couple of years.

So he wants growth but he doesn't want us to spend more than we earn?

Good luck with that. It's the economic holy grail, a myth. A budget surplus is rare and in the few times achieved was followed by a recession. His policies will ensure the economy sinks.

For all Osbourne's talk, he has managed to follow Brown's failings pretty closely. Bubbles, borrowing and stagnant manufacturing and building.

People would by now even have forgotten it happened on his watch (they could even have blamed the LibDems). Let prices crash, introduce some form of HTB a few years later prices start to inflate before the GE and "everyone is happy".

Mind you when you have a spanner like Cameron who would have introduced HTB even earlier it's perfectly possible he might have wanted to do it.

Osborne must be starting to worry he'll end-up like Brown in 2007 (or worse).

People would by now even have forgotten it happened on his watch (they could even have blamed the LibDems). Let prices crash, introduce some form of HTB a few years later prices start to inflate before the GE and "everyone is happy".

Mind you when you have a spanner like Cameron who would have introduced HTB even earlier it's perfectly possible he might have wanted to do it.

Osborne must be starting to worry he'll end-up like Brown in 2007 (or worse).

Who's volunteering to poke his eye out with a stick ? :lol::lol::lol:

Just saw this on twitter

Jonathan Portes Retweeted norman smith

Some of us have been pointing out for years low interest rates indicate economic weakness.

Jonathan Portes added,

norman smith @BBCNormanS
Osborne nudge on interest rate rise ?? "Rising interest rates can be a sign of a strong economy" @BBCr4today
1 retweet0 likes
Retweet
More

The only risk is from GB (sorry GO) HTB to infinity schemes and BoE's lack of independence.

No one is forced to take up HTB, some people would do regardless of the price.

The main problem is the insane lending to the BTL market ( from state lenders ).....is this fast becoming the UK#s sub-prime bubble ?

This morning really feels like a true turning point, not only from Mr GO but also across all MSM. Might just be another August but somehow I think that the months since have been our one and only dead cat bounce, now the reality of China's situation kicks in for all. Just have a look at Bloomberg today and it ain't purrrty.

Warning bells should surely be ringing when you see the following headlines on the same page of BBC News Business Page:

"UK faces "cocktail" of economic risks"

"UK House Prices "rose 9.5%" in 2015"

"UK new car sales "at all time record""

I lost ALL respect for Osbourne when I realised that he was a complete tool -- what with "Help to Buy" - and "Funding for lending" ----- simply UNBELIEVABLE!!!

It just makes my blood boil that the tories have come up with the simply incredible and astonishingly unbelievable idea that the Govt. is going to SUBSIDISE the Pwoperty Lobby ----

Words fail me actually.

This sh1t sandwich and a Brexit vote, who'd thunk it?

If we face a Brexit - and the numbers point that way - then any LL renting to an EU national in receipt of HB and/or TCs needs to start the eviction about now.

This sh1t sandwich and a Brexit vote, who'd thunk it?

Good point, was just about to mention Brexit, the swing is definitely away from europe, which would make sterling then more of a target. Pro EU faction may even be gambling on trashing sterling before the vote to try and arm wrestle the public. Either way could quickly turn into a rout.