House Price Crash Forum
fru-gal

Rise In Families Spending Half Of Their Income On A Place To Live

* Zero disposable income for new entrant workers after housing costs

*'aspiration' culture for youth destroyed

* consumerism saturated by every piece of tech already being overkill for most anyway

* further innovation increasinly stifled by patents

* companies buying up their own shares to give illusory eps figures

* price discovery in every commodity and asset completely corrupted.

Loving every minute.

Edited by Frugal Git

Stop whining - move out of London. Stop paying through the nose for ****** accommodation.

Alternatively the Government could stop funding people to live in London who don't work there, as a result house prices and rents crash.

Mayoral election is going to revolve around this key issue. Will be interesting. Irrespective of prices the rental market has to be properly regulated, as there are too many cowboys and leechers both the independent EA's and chain EA's and landlords.

TFL are flogging land before Boris leaves, and they think they can make up their Gov grant cut shortfall through property. - Should be used for a good mix of social, private and leasehold properties but will instead be sold to BoJo's mates at mates rates with the tag of affordable housing.

When people in London are being sold affordable housing in the form of 1 bedroom flats for 350000, things are insane. Rents are too damn high. My property alone is 400-500 overvalued pcm.

Many people cannot just upsticks and move as their job is here and permanent jobs are at hard to find these days.

Alternatively the Government could stop funding people to live in London who don't work there, as a result house prices and rents crash.

There is a selfish side of me, that I don't like and don't necessarily agree with, that has felt this for a long time, but it just seems to be a luxury that we can not afford.

There is a selfish side of me, that I don't like and don't necessarily agree with, that has felt this for a long time, but it just seems to be a luxury that we can not afford.

Why is it selfish? I think it is logical that the Government spends money in the most efficient way. Why not ask pro single parents to move to Liverpool and spend the savings on something more useful like cancer research? (Hopefully even some of the pro single parents would benefit from this by getting a useful cancer drug that saves their life).

YUP --- THE GOVT SHOULD NOT BE FUNDING ANYTHING - OR ANYONE.

ALL THEY'RE DOING IS PROPPING THE WHOLE STUPID THING UP ---- THEY ARE SO THICK IF THEY CAN'T SEE THAT. :ph34r:

In the so-called affluent south east Essex, folk on the median local full time wage pay 58% of their monthly income for a median roof over their head.

Met a woman recently who has a single mother nurse friend living in east London. Rent + commute = salary gone.

Bad times.