House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Eagle

Abusive, Almost Satanic Rituals In A Catholic Convent

A former nun of the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate has spoken to Italian media about the abuse she suffered in the convent. It included self-flagellation, expired food, branding with fire and writing vows in blood.

The woman, who made the claims, is now in her 30s. She says she was 17 when she joined the convent in the ‘90s.

Speaking to Italian Corriere Della Sera, she said the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate, based in Frigento, Italy, took part in damaging practices.

She claimed she was forced to flagellate herself on a daily basis and to eat expired food such as yogurt and corned beef. Allegedly, she was told that if she consumed the food with “true obedience” she would be all right. That wasn’t the case for her, she told the newspaper - she suffered from frequent stomach pains.

https://www.rt.com/news/328090-nun-italy-blood-abuse/

Those rituals sound quite satanic to me, especially the "branding with fire and writing vows in blood".

No wonder when considering that the pope openly declared that Lucifer is his god:

What I find extraordinary is that the catholic church still attracts followers, despite their history full of violence, warfare, child abuse and revelations like the above one.

Presumably as it's in Latin then lucifer just translates as the bringer of light.

to eat expired food such as yogurt and corned beef.

Quick, how do I sue my parents (and myself) for this horror?

Fair dos on the flagellation though; I assumed before reading it that you were talking about historic practices, not the 90s.

What's the Dan Brown lot of nutters? Deus opi? Something like that.

Opus Dei

Real and perfectly normal organisation AFAIK, but that doesn't sell many paperbacks.

Oh I was close.

:)

Indeed, IIRC it was Christian Odone who was the public face of it having to defend the organisation against the wilder accusations.

There is a lot of anti-Catholic sentiment amongst the conspiracy theory lot, and some on here, I'm not a Catholic myslef but it does really grate with me. I would say they don't say that sort of thing about Jews but many conspiracy guys do, with Zionism seen as the hidden hand behind many things.

I siuppose it makes life more interesting if you think that there is a grand secret plan underway that you can play your part in detecting and revealing to the world. A desire for order maybe? Rather than the random chaos that I think it is.

Indeed, IIRC it was Christian Odone who was the public face of it having to defend the organisation against the wilder accusations.

There is a lot of anti-Catholic sentiment amongst the conspiracy theory lot, and some on here, I'm not a Catholic myslef but it does really grate with me. I would say they don't say that sort of thing about Jews but many conspiracy guys do, with Zionism seen as the hidden hand behind many things.

I siuppose it makes life more interesting if you think that there is a grand secret plan underway that you can play your part in detecting and revealing to the world. A desire for order maybe? Rather than the random chaos that I think it is.

That's exactly how we ended up with religions in the first place!

Guest eight

There's also the Catenians, which I believe are some sort of cross between Catholics and freemasons.

Unite all religions under Rome? Defo a clear case of megalomaniac attempting to take oflver the world. Where is James Bond when you need him???

There's also the Catenians, which I believe are some sort of cross between Catholics and freemasons.

Weren't they the Cathars and persecuted by the RC Church?

Translates as 'God's Work'.

I believe the followers (including at least 1 UK Labour MP) self-flagellate as part of some penance ritual.

Where as mine was 'God charges' according to google translate :)

Not really. It's a dining club for elderly Catholic gentlemen. They have skittles nights down the local pub too. No sacrifices are involved.

Younger Catholic men can join too if they want. No ladies though.

You mean anti-Roman Catholic sentiment.

Despite the Popes claim to primacy he is only one of the Patriarchs of the wider Catholic Church which also included those of Alexandria, Constantinople etc. Technically the Orthodox and the Coptic Church are part of the wider One Holy Catholic church. In fact the word Catholic is Greek not Roman in origin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_term_%22Catholic%22

You mean anti-Roman Catholic sentiment.

Despite the Popes claim to primacy he is only one of the Patriarchs of the wider Catholic Church which also included those of Alexandria, Constantinople etc. Technically the Orthodox and the Coptic Church are part of the wider One Holy Catholic church. In fact the word Catholic is Greek not Roman in origin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_term_%22Catholic%22

Cheers for the pub quiz ammo.

So why are all you Catholic-bashers scared of a few old geezers visiting restaurants and having pub lunches?

All? A minority of maybe two on this thread.

Guest eight

So why are all you Catholic-bashers scared of a few old geezers visiting restaurants and having pub lunches?

I have a natural distrust of anybody who feels the need to subjugate their personal identity to membership of a wider group. Any religion, freemasonry and similar, political parties, it's all pretty much bonkers to me.

I have a natural distrust of anybody who feels the need to subjugate their personal identity to membership of a wider group. Any religion, freemasonry and similar, political parties, it's all pretty much bonkers to me.

No man is an island.

Guest eight

No man is an island.

He could be, if all the others stopped conspiring to gang up on him.