House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Si1

Early Retirement From Police Force On Medical Grounds

Can't carry any weight :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

FFS lose some then you fat ******* (not Mr lih)

What have this country come to ,join the police stuff your face for five years then retire on £25k a year ...i give up

Edit: does the police have yearly fitness test like the fire services ? no pass sort it out or feck off

If genuinely seriously injured in the line of duty then I would like to see the police force AND the armed forces looked after for life.

But for a loss of limb etc., not for some spurious whiplash, my shoulder aches nonsense.

When I was a lad, a mate of mine's dad used to be one of these insurance bods who used to try and catch out frauds. He loved it. Had tons of stories of how he caught people out (including extending his hand for a handshake with someone who claimed they'd lost the use of their arm). He was a real Columbo type character. Salt of the earth.

Hall, whose was charged under her maiden name Simmons, retired due to ill health on July 31, 2012, and is receiving a medical pension of £2,300 a month.

But she also continued to pursue her claim against RSA as it had insured the motorist responsible for her injury.

I don't believe it / hope it is not true.

Looks like she's still fit to eat donuts!

I don't believe it / hope it is not true.

It's amazing isn't it. The police pension organisation apparently said fine here's the money for the next 60 years paid for by Joe taxpayer. The insurance company queried validity of the claim. Some contrast.

Oh FFS. Typed out a long story, nearly finished, some accidental key combo put the browser back and I lost it all. Maybe for the best as I'll now do the TL;DR version as I CBA to type it all up again.

7-8 years ago my father in law was driving a car containing my wife and MIL up the motorway. A car joining from a slip road clipped him which caused their car to spin, and then be T-Boned by a transit van. Wife and MIL were hurt, but not that badly, and settled for a few grand.

Father in law OTOH was knocked unconscious, and was lifted from the car after the fire brigade had removed the roof.. He spent four days in hospital with the concussion, and suffered nerve damage that instantly put paid to his future career prospects in the job he'd done all his life, driving and delivering from a 7.5t lorry. He was 60 or 61 at the time, and so realistically lost out on at least 3 years of potential earnings. My mother in law was obviously not in the mood to settle that one cheaply.

You'd think it would be an open and shut case- there was no question of fault in who had caused the accident, and the medical records were not in doubt. The third party's insurance company held out until my father in law's company was obliged to file lest the case be struck out on some statute of limitations time limit.

And so they sent an undercover investigator to film him. I don't know why they ended up showing the tape to my in laws but they did- they managed to prove that he was well enough to walk 800 yards in to town to buy a small bag of spuds, and well enough to come to the door to swap car keys with me, as I'd come to borrow his (£900) replacement old banger. I was on the footage! It must have been the most pathetic piece of 'evidence' ever, and they settled for a fair sum before it ever came to court.

On the one hand I'm annoyed that they'd go to such trouble to try to defend such an obviously fair case, but on the other as someone with 10+ years car no claims, and who has got to the age of 36 without ever making an insurance claim of any description, I'm equally glad that they take insurance fraud so seriously. Looking forward to the outcome of this case, hope fatty takes a serious fall.

My uncle got retired from the pit with a bad back at the age of 32. Been drawing 30k a year since. Over the years I've come to wonder if he really did have a bad back or if he could see which way the wind was blowing and did what he needed to do to protect him and his family.