House Price Crash Forum
ryanjw

Northwest England

I went to view a house last week and the seller told me he had it valued at 109k 6 months ago.

For some reason he did`nt sell it and had it re-valued again in dec 05. Its now worth 95,950k!

Should I put an offer in now or wait and see what happens to prices.

Here is the house I like

rightmove

Edited by ryanjw

Yes if the offer is £70,000.

It's easy for me to say that I know, I haven't found a house I really, really want yet but I'm sure if it comes along and I can afford it, it will be hard not to buy.

Where abouts in the North West are you ?

Does anyone know of any accurate ways of viewing the monthly changes in house prices. Every site I look at says a different thing. thanks

I went to view a house last week and the seller told me he had it valued at 109k 6 months ago.

For some reason he did`nt sell it and had it re-valued again in dec 05. Its now worth 95,950k!

Should I put an offer in now or wait and see what happens to prices.

Here is the house I like

rightmove

Looking at nethouseprices, houses in Huntley Street were going for £30k until the end of 2002. Whats the area like? Would you mind being stuck there for years?

highest price achieved on that street was in the Autumn of last year 94K SEE HERE

And that's a price acheived in a positive sentiment market, the market is now turning negative. I don't know your circumstances, all I will say is this if you pay anywhere within 80% of that asking price you will more than likely be in Negative Equity at some stage in the coming correction. I you can live with that and be locked into staying in that house for years to come then OK. If it is just a case of being a frustrated First time buyer, and it is not really a life and death decision that dictates YOU MUST BUY, then do as I'm doing sit out the correction that is coming in rented accomodation. Or if you ain't left home yet , enjoy a few more years with mum and dad :rolleyes:

Hell even delaying buying 12 months will save you money, just look back what houses on that street were going for 3 years ago 30K

Goodluck in whatever you chose to do

Catch22

Edited by Catch22