House Price Crash Forum
Bear Goggles

Cameron's Kids Priced Out

Well on the positive side it's another kick in the teeth for the HPI forever brigade. Pretty clear now that the wind has changed.

On the other hand, what a complete and total ****. He's worried that his kids won't be able to get on the housing ladder? What about the rest of us? ******ing ******.

I remember when the press first challenged him on his 'starter flat' and asked if he'd have been able to buy it were he 25 now. He didn't say anything substantial then.

I hope he's finally woken up to the madness. Millions of families have been facing this same dilemma for over a decade already.

Oh no what a shame if only he was a millionaire then he could help them out.

Or as leader of the country he could lower prices so that he helps everyone not just his kids.

Crazy idea I know.

Mr Cameron, who owns two homes with a combined worth of around £4.5million, said he was concerned his children Nancy, 11, Elwen, nine, and Florence, five, could struggle to afford property in future.

and that's why I'm introducing 100% HtB in Mayfair for those with a surname starting with Cam.

Edited by billybong

What's going on with the Daily Mail? Around the GE they were violently pro-Cameron but in the last few months I get a rather different feeling. They also lead the charge with the pig revelations.

Edited by spunko2010

Don't worry about Dave. He'll be looked after for "doing the right thing" by the important people.

A couple of million a year from the banks, arm dealers and major builders will see him OK.

Blairs' kids have been gifted properties by their parents.

Tony was not really on the make until he left parliament and then really went to work building hos empire .... expect Cameron to do the same, seems all ex-PMs do.

Less well developed systems of corruption have politicians actually taking large amounts of cash whilst they are in office but in our advanced, uncorrupt democracy you do the favours during your time in office, and reap the rewards after you leave. That way, no danger of getting caught with your hand in the till and you are set for life.

Cameron probably isn't worried at all about house prices for his kids. He just wants to appeal to portray that he is in touch with the problems facing the majority of the electorate.

Less well developed systems of corruption have politicians actually taking large amounts of cash whilst they are in office but in our advanced, uncorrupt democracy you do the favours during your time in office, and reap the rewards after you leave. That way, no danger of getting caught with your hand in the till and you are set for life.

this

Cameron probably isn't worried at all about house prices for his kids. He just wants to appeal to portray that he is in touch with the problems facing the majority of the electorate.

and this

Indeed - but he also won't come out and say directly no I'm not worried as I can gift them a house no matter how unaffordable they are for most people and in any event they'll most likely be going to places like Eton and be getting a priviliged job etc - and as long as I'm PM I'll be doing everything in my power for it to stay that way.

Edited by billybong

What about trust funds?........some children have it far easier than others.......but it doesn't make them better than others, or better respected than others. ;)