House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bpw

Information Is Power - Need For Meaningful House Price Data

Information is power. So I would like to appeal to the folks that run HPC to present information on house price data in a way that tells us all what is really happening. In an earlier posting Spline shared a histogram and probability price curve which speaks volumes about the UKs housing economy. It for example shows that any shift in the mean is driven by increases in lower priced houses, i.e. the blue line moved to the right becoming the red line, but only for houses priced at less than 200kGBP.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...ndpost&p=229977

I would guess the 'demand to supply' excess is being driven mostly by speculation - that is, people trying to inflate house prices and pass the cost to FTBs. Just imagine what the proposed houses into SIPPs legislation would have done to average prices!

So here is my proposal. What Spline did for us all was excellent. But just imagine if we had the data for previous years and by region. It would help us all time the market, and keep us informed about where there is excess and where there is not. No doubt it took some time to create the graphs and it will require effort to keep the graphs 'live' but surely its worth it. A simple webpage with the histogram and probability curve for each region would be fairly simple and VERY telling. (we would need a dropdown for region)

What do others think and are HPC willing? Please take the time to vote and let them know if you think this is worthwhile