House Price Crash Forum

Why Can't I Collect A Delivery Pizza?

CunningPlan

HOLA441

I was at a local(ish) pub recently and needed a taxi home. Cost £15 (which for round here was actually pretty cheap - I was expecting £20+ for 5 miles)

The thing is that Dominos Pizza is opposite the pub and there is an Indian restaurant next door. If I spend £10 with Dominos or £15 with the curry house they will deliver free of charge.

Why can't I order a pizza (or curry) for delivery and ask if they can drop me off with the food - I would save a few quid and get free food?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Just to be clear - naturally I would never spend any money on fast food and if I did I would collect it to save the 10% (or whatever it is you save?) I don't want to be expelled from off topic for excessive spending this early in the new year. Must go and boil my turnip now for dinner.

PS It wasn't a serious question.

HOLA448

The delivery guy isn't just delivering your pizza though, he usually has half a dozen or more.

Would you be happy if he drove around for an hour delivering the 5 pizzas ordered before you, before dropping you off?

I like the idea of merging the two though, maybe call it "Taxizza". I have seen a lot of takeaways just using regular taxi guys to deliver their takeaways in the past.

HOLA449

The delivery guy isn't just delivering your pizza though, he usually has half a dozen or more.

Would you be happy if he drove around for an hour delivering the 5 pizzas ordered before you, before dropping you off?

I like the idea of merging the two though, maybe call it "Taxizza". I have seen a lot of takeaways just using regular taxi guys to deliver their takeaways in the past.

In our area they are normally with us in about 20 minutes so can't be delivering more than a couple, at a time - and I could hop out for him and collect the tips :D

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Think yourself lucky....enter postcode.....nobody will deliver to me.........old postcode 96 food delivery places would have delivered to me.....can't say I miss all the junkmail. ;)

Surprised to find you wanting to indulge in this sort of profligate convenience Winkie.

Did get Dominos free for a while but quickly got sick of them - the thing with takeaway food that tells you it's not a good idea is how bad the packaging stinks in the bin the next morning.

Came home one night and there was some weird scene of people turning up and collecting pizzas out of a car that was barely visible in the ditch. Turned out it was the woman that owned the local franchise. Various gathered know-it-alls were telling her it would need a lorry mounted crane and other doom-laden scenarios so she was thrilled when I pulled it out undamaged first go and rashly offered as many free pizzas as I wanted.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Surprised to find you wanting to indulge in this sort of profligate convenience Winkie.

Did get Dominos free for a while but quickly got sick of them - the thing with takeaway food that tells you it's not a good idea is how bad the packaging stinks in the bin the next morning.

Came home one night and there was some weird scene of people turning up and collecting pizzas out of a car that was barely visible in the ditch. Turned out it was the woman that owned the local franchise. Various gathered know-it-alls were telling her it would need a lorry mounted crane and other doom-laden scenarios so she was thrilled when I pulled it out undamaged first go and rashly offered as many free pizzas as I wanted.

Like to do my research, had to smile........what hit home as to why I do not treat any kind of fast food take away as a treat or a convenience was the other day I joined in and went along with a few friends who ordered a take away kebab, it tasted disgusting......and years ago I would eat them....not now, the Chinese made me want to drink glasses of water all night and I felt a bit odd the following day........up to the individual to eat what they want, from where they want, when they want, and pay whatever they want.......no longer for me, I prefer making my own food and taking it out of the freezer when I want a quick convenient meal where I know how it was made, where it was made, and what went in it. ;)

HOLA4416

Where have all the fat ladies on mopeds, you used to see everywhere, gone?

Into Nissan Micras.

There used to be a huge cost differential between mopeds and cars, I guess that's gone for some reason. I remember my mate's mum riding a moped, and I agree that an older woman on a moped is a very rare sight these days, where I do some them it's always youngsters.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Some relations of mine used go on family holidays on their motorbike and sidecar, two boys in the sidecar with mum and dad on the bike. I'm not sure where the luggage went!

No, you've been watching Holiday on the Buses whilst drunk again. Olive is not part of your family.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I was at a local(ish) pub recently and needed a taxi home. Cost £15 (which for round here was actually pretty cheap - I was expecting £20+ for 5 miles)

The thing is that Dominos Pizza is opposite the pub and there is an Indian restaurant next door. If I spend £10 with Dominos or £15 with the curry house they will deliver free of charge.

Why can't I order a pizza (or curry) for delivery and ask if they can drop me off with the food - I would save a few quid and get free food?

It should be pretty obvious that you wouldn't fit in the box.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Maybe he needs to give cunning plan some tips. Delivery pizza, that weighs, what, about 1 kg ?

Would make a fantastic discus! Minus the box of course! Although I always think of asparagus as nature's darts, and windy ones at that! :blink:

HOLA4423

Due to this thread I have just finished a Dominos pizza. Even though the car accident was more than six months ago stll had it for free - quite a long drive to get it but managed to keep it fairly warm by putting it under the passenger footwell heater at full blast. Had half meat and half vegetable the meat half retained the heat a lot better so if you want a hot pizza order all meat.

HOLA4424

Due to this thread I have just finished a Dominos pizza. Even though the car accident was more than six months ago stll had it for free - quite a long drive to get it but managed to keep it fairly warm by putting it under the passenger footwell heater at full blast. Had half meat and half vegetable the meat half retained the heat a lot better so if you want a hot pizza order all meat.

I am so sorry. I feel really guilty now.

HOLA4425

Archived