House Price Crash Forum

Black Monday 4Th Jan 2016

TheCountOfNowhere

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's enough Chinese tat in the world to last decades. They've also built all the ghost malls and ghost cities they're likely to need.

It has to be a bust cycle for lots of stuff.

I'm getting out of everything except spring rolls.

I honestly bought some spring rolls today for lunch on holiday - so you may be onto something.

There's enough Chinese tat in the world to last decades. They've also built all the ghost malls and ghost cities they're likely to need.

It has to be a bust cycle for lots of stuff.

I'm getting out of everything except spring rolls.

Not just tat. Airports, ports, roads built throughout the developing world, with big debts attached whilst currencies in those countries collapse in relative terms now that their commodity resources are worth a fraction of what they were a few years ago. We had years if not decades of forward demand thanks to fresh debt across the whole world. This is where China's demand collapse is also coming from, it is not just internal, this is structural and related to the excesses debt and demand that have gone before it. The central bankers have done it again and with each phase the size and effect is greater.

Here we go...it's hovered all day and will now rise to finish just below previous finish.

I'd write a book on how to play the stock market but I'm probably talking b**locks.

Yep the plunge protection team will be out in force now, in a few years the CBs will hold around 3/4 of all world equity :)

"Some analysts also attributed the decline in share prices to the imminent end of a six-month lockup period on share sales by major institutional investors, a policy implemented to shore up indexes. Big shareholders may start dumping shares once the ban is lifted on Friday."

Eh,,,,, is there a link for that

Sort of. I know where you are coming from.

Everything coming out of China appears to be a lie though.

At least our stats are relatively untweaked.

Our future liabilities and if theyll be paid ... thats another thing.

I read that as "lie touch" ...like light touch....gordonesque.