House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikhail Liebenstein

Farage Survives Assassination Attempt - Car Wheels Unfastened

Maybe he did it himself. Mitterrand staged a fake assassination attempt in Paris once to boost his popularity.

The French secret services are normally good with this kind of thing so probably not them.

Him indoors says he scions you'd know if you had a wheel loose.

You might not know if you had a few screws loose though.

I had loose nuts once and yes, you know very obviously before hand that the wheel is coming off.

I think the difference here is that the nuts were taken off completely. I guess if the wheels had been on a while they might have been slightly fused to the hubs. If so it may have seemed perfectly fine until the first wheel came free.. and with no nuts no warning shaking/vibrations.. just instant ouch.

That's my best guess anyway.

I've seen wheels come off cars three times.

The first time, several cars stopped at some traffic lights. A wheel carried on. The effect was comical.

The second time was on my driving test - the car in front lost a wheel. I did a good emergency stop.

The third was in Wandsworth - I heard a strange sound, this car appeared with a wobbly wheel, and almost stopped before the wheel came off. But the wheel came off and the front of the car dropped. The wheel bounded away down the road, and I couldn't help but laugh as a torrent of muffled swearing came from inside the car.

I think with Farage he is a bit of a spent force. UKIP did well - 4 million votes, but 1 MP - Farage in spite of his profile and media exposure couldn't get elected*. Says a lot about the electorate. (Shenanigans? who knows?).

However, he is a thorn in their side and those in power qnd seek it for power's sake do seem rather unhinged.hh

*Shame, think he would have been a good addition to the HoC.

*Shame, think he would have been a good addition to the HoC.

He certainly adds occasional interest to the European alternative.

Well Farage has survived the light aircraft crash and the motor accident so that only leaves those dangerous country walks that the PTB in the west are supposed to like to use to off their opponents. That is unless they decide to go down the poisoned umbrella and polonium cocktail route beloved off the Ruskis.

Odds must have shortened on Farage for the 2016 celebrity death sweep stakes

Not sure why you'd take anything from the arch self-publicist at face value. He's been less talked about than Corbyn of late, and his actual air-time may no longer be higher than any other single politician, so he needed a stunt.

Not sure why you'd take anything from the arch self-publicist at face value. He's been less talked about than Corbyn of late, and his actual air-time may no longer be higher than any other single politician, so he needed a stunt.

I would have thought there are safer ways than taking off your wheel nuts and hitting the motorway!

I would have thought there are safer ways than taking off your wheel nuts and hitting the motorway!

Come on, he engineered that plane crash and walked away with minor injuries. Losing a wheel on the motorway is child's play.

Come on, he engineered that plane crash and walked away with minor injuries.

Now that one I wouldn't suppose to be deliberate. Just an idiot playing extravagantly with his willy-extension and coming a cropper.

I had loose nuts once and yes, you know very obviously before hand that the wheel is coming off.

I think the difference here is that the nuts were taken off completely. I guess if the wheels had been on a while they might have been slightly fused to the hubs. If so it may have seemed perfectly fine until the first wheel came free.. and with no nuts no warning shaking/vibrations.. just instant ouch.

That's my best guess anyway.

Absolutely no way you could remove wheel bolts and the wheels not fall of on the first turn.

Absolutely no way you could remove wheel bolts and the wheels not fall of on the first turn.

Apparently the locking nut was left on but sheared off.