House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

callaght

Got Any Sipp Advice?

Happy New Year everyone!

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this...

I've started contracting again and this time I've decided I should make pension contributions while I'm contracting.

Can anyone recommend a good self administered SIPP that I can make random payments to (directly from my company) and chose my own investments?

I was very happy with Hargreaves Lansdown for many years before I transferring all my various pensions to a Canadian pension. In my case HL were the administrators for a company scheme but, in practise, it was the same self select arrangement as they provide to anyone. The thing I particularly liked about them was that if you called them up you got to talk to someone who knew what they were talking about pretty much immediately rather than having to go through some god awful call centre. Their charges are all respectably low and transparent too.

I'm with Hargreaves Lansdown and perfectly happy with them. SIPP, ISA and share dealing account.

I hold VCTs and some shares separately as I like a degree of independence.

I'm with H-L too. Some niggles, but no major complaints. They'll certainly be able to meet your needs.

They were in the vanguard of bringing charges down from the bad old days when you would typically pay 5% up front and then 1.5% per year ongoing. But nowadays the rest of the industry has brought charges down, and they're no longer one of the cheapest for many investments. If I were starting from scratch, I'd be doing a bit of research.

Fidelity FundsNetwork thru discount intermediary Cavendish has slightly lower charges then hl, but it is less convenient to administer being through an intermediary.