House Price Crash Forum

Sas Train Police To Shoot People In The Head

HOLA441
SAS train police firearms officers to shoot terrorists in the head - but chiefs insist there's no 'shoot to kill' policy

Armed officers have been working with members of the Special Forces to try and stop marauding gun attacks such as the ones witnessed in Paris last year.

I guess the only trouble the aiming at the head is that it's far easier to miss as it's a smaller target. Although this can't be new as de Menezes was shot over a dozen times in the head at point blank range.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

This is probably a good thread to bring up what has been on my mind in recent days. OK, imagine this kind of scenario.

You are relaxed, chilled out walking through a shopping centre / town centre when suddenly you heard bangs in the distance. People begin screaming. Panic spreads and people start running towards you. Running for cover trying to hide in doorways, running into shops. The banging sound continues.

Your heart rate and breathing quickens. Clearly a terrorist attack is now happening in your vincinity. You look round - where to take cover. Do you run? Do you hide.

You opt to dive into a shop - any shop will do - just get out of the way. The gunfire continues. The screaming continues.

You run towards the doorway. As you reach the doorway you hear a thud behind and find yourself pushed through the doorway as a person, shot in back, is pushed by the velocity of the bullets into you. You tumble over onto the ground with the dead body of a woman falling on top of you.

Looking up you see an Islamic nutter with an AK47 enter the shop. He has what appears to be a suicide vest around his torso. He is not looking at you. He thinks you have been killed along with the woman. Do you lie still and play dead? Or do you do something.

He walks a step over you. You decide to take action. You reach up and grab the AK47 off him. A violent fight for survival ensues.

If you do not get the gun from him he will kill you. You will be dead. Just another victim for the BBC News. You pull and push against him. He is strong. Very strong. You are breathing heavily. You realise that if you fail that is it.

Somehow, you wrestle the gun from him and...

And... You point the AK towards him, squeeze the trigger and a bullet impacts his chest. The explosives do not explode. He falls to the ground dead. Blood begins oozing from his chest.

Technically, you have just murdered an unarmed man.

Yep, you have killed an unarmed man. You took the weapon from him. Turned it around and killed him. The store's security cameras have caught it all on camera.

Breathing heavily you look at his dead body. Others hiding in the shop give out a cheer whilst others are crying and screaming. You hear a woman say "Thank God!".

Arabic voices are then heard. Two of them. You come back to your senses and see a further two similarly armed terrorists heading towards the shop. They have heard the gunfire and are coming looking for their friend.

You dive back into the shop urging others to take cover and to shut up. You dive behind a clothes' rail

You are shaking. Shaking uncontrollably. You want to be vomit. You want to pee. You are holding the AK47. You are the only chance to save the lives of others in the shop. You are the only chance to save yourself. How the feck do you use ann AK47.

You hear the two gunmen enter the shop. They have seen their dead comrade on the ground. You hear them talking to each other. Your hear is pounding so hard that you think it is going to explode.

Looking at the bottom of the clothes' rail you see the feet of the terrorists walk past you. Relief - they have not found you.

B*gger - they are walking right towards where a group of people are hiding behind another display.

You take a deep breath. Stand up. Point your AK47 at the backs of the two heavily armed gunmen. They have no heard you. They are not aware of you. They have their backs to you. I repeat - they have their backs to you.

Do you pull the trigger? Do you shoot them both in the back?

If so, again, you will have committed murder.

It will be recorded on the security cameras of the shop. You - shooting two men in the back. That is murder.

As crazy as it sounds it is so. Hence why apparently the government is looking at changing the law when it comes to the military and police shooting armed terrorists. But for Joe Public?

You will be alive but, within a few hours, there will be a host of Hooman rights lawyers appearing on Sky News, Fivelive et all calling you a cold blooded murdered and telling everyone that you should go to jail for life. On Twitter you will be being vilified and, no doubt, there will be even some Labour and Liberal MPs saying what an evil person you are.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

It's nice to see that you've been enjoying yourself over the festive season...

I watched a 2 hour video of a guy who played the hardest level of Fallout 4 without killing anything. He avoided everything that tried to kill him. Did an awful lot of running away. It was like Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

This is probably a good thread to bring up what has been on my mind in recent days. OK, imagine this kind of scenario.

You are relaxed, chilled out walking through a shopping centre / town centre when suddenly you heard bangs in the distance. People begin screaming. Panic spreads and people start running towards you. Running for cover trying to hide in doorways, running into shops. The banging sound continues.

Your heart rate and breathing quickens. Clearly a terrorist attack is now happening in your vincinity. You look round - where to take cover. Do you run? Do you hide.

You opt to dive into a shop - any shop will do - just get out of the way. The gunfire continues. The screaming continues.

You run towards the doorway. As you reach the doorway you hear a thud behind and find yourself pushed through the doorway as a person, shot in back, is pushed by the velocity of the bullets into you. You tumble over onto the ground with the dead body of a woman falling on top of you.

Looking up you see an Islamic nutter with an AK47 enter the shop. He has what appears to be a suicide vest around his torso. He is not looking at you. He thinks you have been killed along with the woman. Do you lie still and play dead? Or do you do something.

He walks a step over you. You decide to take action. You reach up and grab the AK47 off him. A violent fight for survival ensues.

If you do not get the gun from him he will kill you. You will be dead. Just another victim for the BBC News. You pull and push against him. He is strong. Very strong. You are breathing heavily. You realise that if you fail that is it.

Somehow, you wrestle the gun from him and...

And... You point the AK towards him, squeeze the trigger and a bullet impacts his chest. The explosives do not explode. He falls to the ground dead. Blood begins oozing from his chest.

Technically, you have just murdered an unarmed man.

Yep, you have killed an unarmed man. You took the weapon from him. Turned it around and killed him. The store's security cameras have caught it all on camera.

Breathing heavily you look at his dead body. Others hiding in the shop give out a cheer whilst others are crying and screaming. You hear a woman say "Thank God!".

Arabic voices are then heard. Two of them. You come back to your senses and see a further two similarly armed terrorists heading towards the shop. They have heard the gunfire and are coming looking for their friend.

You dive back into the shop urging others to take cover and to shut up. You dive behind a clothes' rail

You are shaking. Shaking uncontrollably. You want to be vomit. You want to pee. You are holding the AK47. You are the only chance to save the lives of others in the shop. You are the only chance to save yourself. How the feck do you use ann AK47.

You hear the two gunmen enter the shop. They have seen their dead comrade on the ground. You hear them talking to each other. Your hear is pounding so hard that you think it is going to explode.

Looking at the bottom of the clothes' rail you see the feet of the terrorists walk past you. Relief - they have not found you.

B*gger - they are walking right towards where a group of people are hiding behind another display.

You take a deep breath. Stand up. Point your AK47 at the backs of the two heavily armed gunmen. They have no heard you. They are not aware of you. They have their backs to you. I repeat - they have their backs to you.

It will be recorded on the security cameras of the shop. You - shooting two men in the back. That is murder.

As crazy as it sounds it is so. Hence why apparently the government is looking at changing the law when it comes to the military and police shooting armed terrorists. But for Joe Public?

You will be alive but, within a few hours, there will be a host of Hooman rights lawyers appearing on Sky News, Fivelive et all calling you a cold blooded murdered and telling everyone that you should go to jail for life. On Twitter you will be being vilified and, no doubt, there will be even some Labour and Liberal MPs saying what an evil person you are.

I'm not convinced that this scenario would become public knowledge ? More likely that there would be a D notice if a civilian had taken out terrorists and plod would take the credit. If not self defence would be easy to establish and anonymity would be granted,as it would be if a soldier was charged with murder ? Personally I'd like to think I'd have a go,but firing an assault rifle isn't easy,I've not fired anything other than my dad's old BSA air rifle.

HOLA4413

You are relaxed, chilled out walking through a shopping centre / town centre

I'll stop you there. Not going to happen. Within 5 seconds of arriving in a shopping centre I'm normally a wild eyed spit dribbling psycho. The terrorists should be scared of me, not the other way around.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Basically anyone waving a cocked gun in a crowded area deserves to be shot. Totally different to grouse shooting where people in tweed normally walk around with open shotguns being polite. Even if it's a "fake" gun they are waving, the assumption has to be that it might be real, as nobody with any sense is waving a fake gun in public. What I am concerned about is that people who are not behaving like that will get shot, like the Brazilian electrician. :blink:

HOLA4416

Basically anyone waving a cocked gun in a crowded area deserves to be shot. Totally different to grouse shooting where people in tweed normally walk around with open shotguns being polite. Even if it's a "fake" gun they are waving, the assumption has to be that it might be real, as nobody with any sense is waving a fake gun in public. What I am concerned about is that people who are not behaving like that will get shot, like the Brazilian electrician. :blink:

I've shot at a few brazilians in my time.

HOLA4417

I'm not convinced that this scenario would become public knowledge ? More likely that there would be a D notice if a civilian had taken out terrorists and plod would take the credit. If not self defence would be easy to establish and anonymity would be granted,as it would be if a soldier was charged with murder ? Personally I'd like to think I'd have a go,but firing an assault rifle isn't easy,I've not fired anything other than my dad's old BSA air rifle.

Yeah, I think the authorities would either keep it quiet, or go with a plucky hero narrative. I'm not a legal expert, but if such a scenario were to go to court I'm 100% positive that it would be accepted as self defender by a jury. You're essentially in reasonable fear for your life and the lives of a number of innocent civilians making leathal force justifiable in the circumstances.

HOLA4418

I doubt very much you'd be prosecuted - you'd hope those sh!theads at the Criminal Persecution Service would decide it wouldn't be in the public interest but who knows with the CPS. I can't remember the defence or the case (hopefully Bloo Loo will clarify) but you can commit such an act if a desperate situation arises and you are doing it to prevent greater loss

HOLA4419

I'm sure that in circumstances like that there'd be very little danger of prosecution; indeed, you'd probably be hailed as a hero, like the guy at the Glasgow airport attack.

Another man exited the car and ran into the terminal building while he was on fire and began writhing on the ground, before being kicked in the testicles by an airport employee, John Smeaton, who was awarded the Queen's Gallantry Medal for his heroism.

I've never tried it, but I suspect that most of the time kicking a burning man in the testicles would probably see you ending up in court, not getting a medal from the Queen.

Where the original scenario might get a bit tricky would be if you succeeded in getting the terrorists but also killed a few innocent bystanders while you were at it.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

What if the police arrive at the moment you're seen with an AK47 shooting people?

I think that would depend on what the terrorists where wearing, however that scenario would probably see you dead as I doubt the police would be asking questions first and shooting. Only way out of that would be to ring 999 on the mobile and tell the police what it is you are doing and seeing.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Yeah, I think the authorities would either keep it quiet, or go with a plucky hero narrative. I'm not a legal expert, but if such a scenario were to go to court I'm 100% positive that it would be accepted as self defender by a jury. You're essentially in reasonable fear for your life and the lives of a number of innocent civilians making leathal force justifiable in the circumstances.

Would you trust a jury in those circumstances?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Would you trust a jury in those circumstances?

Yes, I would. I never worry about legal technicalities when deciding there right course of action. Instead I think about how my wife, my mother, and my grandmother would judge my actions. If I think that they'd all be OK with what I'm doing then I know it's fine. No jury made up of the general population would convict you in the scenario you've described.

Archived