House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

New Year Honours

Lynton Crosby gets a Knighthood for helping Cameron win the General Election.

Lin Homer gets made a Dame for being the most useless senior Civil Servant in history. Why this serial failure deserves an honour is quite beyond me.

It's a list of shame really.

The most sickening thing is that those who actually do something worthwhile normally get palmed off with minor awards such as the BEM while the trougher scum get all the top gongs.

The most sickening thing is that those who actually do something worthwhile normally get palmed off with minor awards such as the BEM while the trougher scum get all the top gongs.

Do you think people who do useful things care about some useless letters? Anyway being appreciated by that lot is probably more of a badge of shame than anything else.

I've seen that before but it's always worth another watch, cheers. Might curl up in front of the fire later, miss most of the whole New Year thing, and watch the whole thing.

Ok, have you seen this, well worth watching

Ok, have you seen this, well worth watching

No, but for some reason I'm not getting any sound out of it, which will doubtless spoil it somewhat. The last one worked though so it's probably something temporary.

Of course I've said I'll watch them but I'm more likely to hang around playing games instead :(

No, but for some reason I'm not getting any sound out of it, which will doubtless spoil it somewhat. The last one worked though so it's probably something temporary.

Of course I've said I'll watch them but I'm more likely to hang around playing games instead :(

Hmm, I get sound. depends upon the games as to whether it's better.....

Hmm, I get sound. depends upon the games as to whether it's better.....

Video games that is, just finished a few rounds of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, might fire up Fallout 4.

I get sound now, must've just needed a browser restart for whatever reason.

Lynton Crosby gets a Knighthood for helping Cameron win the General Election.

Lin Homer gets made a Dame for being the most useless senior Civil Servant in history. Why this serial failure deserves an honour is quite beyond me.

It's a list of shame really.

I don't know...maybe we should create our own honours list of completely random and purile.

the official ones seem not to hold much sway any more....with the likes of whatzisname al baghdadi getting second prize in time magazine

I don't know...maybe we should create our own honours list of completely random and purile.

the official ones seem not to hold much sway any more....with the likes of whatzisname al baghdadi getting second prize in time magazine

The awards for people who have put in many years of service, unpaid, in their local areas are genuinely well-deserved but there has been for decades ?centuries total contempt for civil servants in particular getting them for doing no more than their well-pensioned cushy job requires them to do. Respect for the awards system could be restored at a stroke by banning any paid public employee from receiving them.

I don't actually mind the showbiz ones as they usually require that as well as enriching themselves through their work they have also put in a lot of work for charities using their celebrity status when I am sure that they would be much happier at home drinking tea.

I've been missed off the gong list yet again! :blink: