House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

New Years Eve Terror Threat - Met Cancels Police Leave

Turkey Foils New Year's Eve ISIS Suicide Plot

Kiz.png

Even as Islamic State oil continues to flow from Syria and Iraq through Turkey, Ankara says it's cracking down on ISIS sleeper cells. In the latest example, Turkey has arrested two men the government says were planning a suicide attack on New Year's Eve in the country's capital.

Sadly I think it's only a matter of time until a UK city has a major terrorist incident resulting in a lot of people losing their lives.

What I don't understand is why (of the last two plots i've heard of) they have targetted the westfield stratford and Birmingham Bullring. Admittedly i've never been either, but of the photos ive seen, both seem to cater to a clientele that is, oh, about 90% muslim.

If the aim is to kill the infidel, they'd be better off targeting somewhere in Plymouth, Norwich, Liverpool, not that many muslims there (yet).

What I don't understand is why (of the last two plots i've heard of) they have targetted the westfield stratford and Birmingham Bullring. Admittedly i've never been either, but of the photos ive seen, both seem to cater to a clientele that is, oh, about 90% muslim.

If the aim is to kill the infidel, they'd be better off targeting somewhere in Plymouth, Norwich, Liverpool, not that many muslims there (yet).

Ssssh!

Brussels has cancelled its New Year's Eve fireworks display because of a terror threat, the city's mayor has said.

"We are forced to cancel considering the risk analysis done by the Crisis Centre," mayor Yvan Mayeur told the French-language RTBF network.
Two suspected members of an Isis cell were arrested on suspicion of planning attacks in Belgium over the holidays.
Military-style uniforms, computer equipment and Isis propaganda were found during police raids in Brussels and the Flemish Brabant and Liege regions.

New year cancelled.... we will all have to stay in the year 2015 and what a $hit year that was. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks-2015.htm

Better than going back to 610 but still.

Edit for source :- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brussels-new-years-eve-fireworks-cancelled-due-to-terror-threat-a6791356.html

If I was looking for a target then tomorrow night in London would be it.

I feel angry that we have come to this though. That we have an enemy amongst us encouraged by the politically correct.

Edinburgh would clearly be the obvious choice.

Probably works well for the smaller towns if people avoiding the big city. We are doing Mandurah over Perth tonight!

I'm going toTenby! I don't think anything happens there ^_^

I'm going toTenby! I don't think anything happens there ^_^

Tell that to my poor old mum who witnessed to males engaging in fellatio last time she went there. She's never been the same since :o

If I was looking for a target then tomorrow night in London would be it.

I feel angry that we have come to this though. That we have an enemy amongst us encouraged by the politically correct.

I am more surprised that these 'terrorists' have not started diversifying their targets. They do not need to target the big cities, they will be stopped, but there are dozens of smaller towns and cities where they could run amok and the police would never be able to cope as resources are placed elsewhere.

On a side note anyone suspected of committing such an act should lose there human rights/passport and be removed to the shittiest Islamic hell hole to live so they can live the life they seem to aspire to. The squalor, poverty and sharia will make them soon realise it is not all it is cracked up to be.

We could build a camp in England like a small city and impose sharia in it, then send them there to live in utter squalor and poverty.

We could call it Birmingham. :lol:

We could build a camp in England like a small city and impose sharia in it, then send them there to live in utter squalor and poverty.

We could call it Birmingham. :lol:

Sparkbrook II - No Bath For Khan..!

;)

XYY

In other news, 20 people killed and 1000 injured in UK Road Traffic incidents...on average.

No Police leave cancelled.

All of Europe seems to be on high alert for tonight, but is it more in the police's mind than the terrorists? (admittedly there are probably a lot of arm chair terrorist chatting about it online).

Most terror attacks seem to happen on seemingly insignificant days.

In other news, 20 people killed and 1000 injured in UK Road Traffic incidents...on average.

No Police leave cancelled.

On average per what? And that's comparable because?

There have been lots of boats going up the canal today, earlier on more frequently than in summer. Might all be full of bombs for the "try somewhere else" approach.

Belgium have already cancelled their New Year's celebrations.

Glad I'm home in Ireland at the moment for the hols and not in London. I have just a few more months left on a lease in London and then I'm out of there.

Sadly it is only a matter of when a Paris happens :(

What part are you from? Donegal myself.

I am more surprised that these 'terrorists' have not started diversifying their targets. They do not need to target the big cities, they will be stopped, but there are dozens of smaller towns and cities where they could run amok and the police would never be able to cope as resources are placed elsewhere.

This has been discussed on one of the other threads. To be blunt, as awful as it sounds, I hope that any attacks continue to focus on London.

TPTB will not worry about the occasional deaths, in single figures or tens, of Brits in the UK IMPO. They will only 'do something' if hundreds are killed. The terrorists, by targetting ordinary Brits or French or whoever, are targetting the wrong people IMPO if they want to achieve anything. I would have thought in London, with all the politicians and media types, that there are more effective targets if one wanted to scare the daylights out of TPTB.

This has been discussed on one of the other threads. To be blunt, as awful as it sounds, I hope that any attacks continue to focus on London.

TPTB will not worry about the occasional deaths, in single figures or tens, of Brits in the UK IMPO. They will only 'do something' if hundreds are killed. The terrorists, by targetting ordinary Brits or French or whoever, are targetting the wrong people IMPO if they want to achieve anything. I would have thought in London, with all the politicians and media types, that there are more effective targets if one wanted to scare the daylights out of TPTB.

True, I'm surprised the thought that the selfish bastards (TPTB) won't change anything unless the attacks are uncomfortably close to home didn't cross my mind. Unless of course the rural village jihadist just happened to total DCams holiday home!

True, I'm surprised the thought that the selfish bastards (TPTB) won't change anything unless the attacks are uncomfortably close to home didn't cross my mind. Unless of course the rural village jihadist just happened to total DCams holiday home!

If I was a sick, twisted individual intent on causing attention to my cause I wouldn't bother about shopping malls, trains, planes or flying aircraft into buildings. (Well, I would in one circumstance - but that would be a prolonged situation which I won't mention here.).

Instead, I would target the rich and famous and powerful - i.e. politicians, famous bankster types and TV people. You can bump into such people regularly in certain parts of London, New York and Malibu/Santa Monica walking, jogging, going to the shops, etc.

Thankfully, in the latter case - which I think would be the easiest targets - the LA, Hollywood and Santa Moncia Police are pretty clued up and I suspect that your average ISIS or Al Qaeda boy or girl would stick out like a sore thumb. But less so in New York I suspect, because of the sheer numbers of people, and as for London, well, you probably have the odds heavily in your favour of not being spotted.

It would be opportunistic terrorism but very effective.

I only mention this - not because I am sick individual - but simply because, as I stated above, I don't think that TPTB will ever be really motivated to do anything as long as Joe Public is being massacred. (A few other HPC posters have said similar things in the past.). It will only begin to hit home when the rich, powerful and famous feel threatened.

Edit:

I notice that the BBC websites went down early today.

What if they were meant for it to go down later on - perhaps doing a terrorist attack on London, or elsewhere in the UK, at midnight?

I hope I am wrong but I just think that people are very complacent at the moment.

You would not get me near that London fireworks display tonight for all the money on earth. Imagine a mass terrorist attack with the media websites and social media going down at the same time.

Result = mass panic.