House Price Crash Forum

Anti-Welsh Comments

SarahBell

HOLA441

#‎Swansea‬, ‪#‎Wales‬: Man Admits to Making Offensive Anti-Welsh Comments to Police Officer
Mohsen Golpaie, 31, pleaded guilty to a racially aggravated public order offense when he appeared in court Monday. The solicitor said Golpaie consumed "a considerable amount of alcohol" that night.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Anti-Welsh-abuse-Swansea-police-officers-called/story-28431449-detail/story.html

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

His name sounds Indian. Perhaps he was just Indian, and his accent was mistaken for a poor Welsh accent attempt....

There's one I've never figured out. If I hear someone Welsh and someone Indian they don't sound at all the same but any attempt I make at a pisstake Welsh accent sounds like a pisstake Indian one instead (can't even begin to attempt a non-pisstake version of any accent).

HOLA447

There's one I've never figured out. If I hear someone Welsh and someone Indian they don't sound at all the same but any attempt I make at a pisstake Welsh accent sounds like a pisstake Indian one instead (can't even begin to attempt a non-pisstake version of any accent).

They probably have similar vocal patterns.

Whilst you can't help laughing when you first hear her this Plymouth lady has actually had her life ruined by a brain condition that makes her sound Chinese; I saw a programme where a linguist analysed it and it was that she's lost elements of her speech (such a schopping the ends off words) which had the effect of making her sound like a Chinese woman speaking English.

Edit - I didn't realise that if you let Youtube roll on to the next video that it also changes the URL.

HOLA448

Clearly the people of Swanse have not done enough to welcome this vulnerable person fleeing persecution into their community; they should hang their heads in shame.

Quite. According to this article from three years ago he is from Iran and is a convicted Heroin dealer.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-heroin-dealer-caught-2k-worth-drug-jailed/story-16078189-detail/story.html

...unless there's another Mohsen Golpaie living in Swansea.....

HOLA449

I cross the bridge tomorrow! To meet my good chum of many years who is "proud to be Welsh"! He can play wierd music and be happy to drink the Scotch whisky in the prescence of an Englishman. :blink:

HOLA4410

Quite. According to this article from three years ago he is from Iran and is a convicted Heroin dealer.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-heroin-dealer-caught-2k-worth-drug-jailed/story-16078189-detail/story.html

...unless there's another Mohsen Golpaie living in Swansea.....

Judge Paul Thomas QC, jailing Golpaie, said: “You persuaded the authorities in this country that your life would be at risk if you stayed in your native country.

“You then repaid that by dealing in heroin in this country.

“You had your own addiction but you were clearly making money by dealing in heroin.

“Whether you are deported or not I will leave to the immigration authorities to determine.”

Well they had their chance.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

In the 1980s Swansea had a big influx of Iraqis and Iranians who came to Swansea to stuudy at the various colleges. If you got talking to them most would admit that they were escaping conscription and almost certain death in the Iran/Iraq war.

But there would be some shady looking characters mingling amongst the majority - a few encountered gave the impression of being part of some kind of secret police and seemed to be keeping an eye on the others.

Oh, and there was the Iraqi who learnt his World Trade Centre bomb making electronic skills in a Swansea College. Had almost forgotten about him - serving life in some US jail. Probanly best to forget such people.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

They probably have similar vocal patterns.

Whilst you can't help laughing when you first hear her this Plymouth lady has actually had her life ruined by a brain condition that makes her sound Chinese; I saw a programme where a linguist analysed it and it was that she's lost elements of her speech (such a schopping the ends off words) which had the effect of making her sound like a Chinese woman speaking English.

she's altering her grammar along with the pronunciation - obviously faking IMO.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Archived