House Price Crash Forum

Emotionally Bullying Your Partner Can Get You 5 Years In Jail

interestrateripoff

HOLA441
Five years in jail for men who 'emotionally bully' wives: New law will target bullies who control partners with 'coercive and controlling behaviour'
2FA878EC00000578-0-image-a-5_14513432914

Under a new law those who inflict psychological cruelty on their partners can be prosecuted, even if there is no direct physical harm. Bullies can face up to five years in prison if found guilty of the abuse.

I like how the wail immediately goes for the male angle, as surely the law doesn't discriminate that way by saying only men can be emotional bullys. Does this mean that women who use sex to control their husbands could be jailed under this law?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

This is a "tripe" law,a catch all unprovable situation. Who is to say whether the bloke in the pub "looked at me funny",and had it coming anyway? :wacko:

HOLA445

Will forcing your wife to stay in the house, and on the rare occasions that she does go out, making her wear a tent on her head, count as 'emotional bullying'?

I would think so.

How are you supposed to get a woman to do anything? You can't beat her, you can't use her emotions and you obviously can't reason with her. What are you supposed to do?

HOLA446

I would think so.

How are you supposed to get a woman to do anything? You can't beat her, you can't use her emotions and you obviously can't reason with her. What are you supposed to do?

A "man of reason" does not beat women. I became a "man of reason". It needs a motorcycle,and a loud music system.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I'm certain that not all men with a motorcycle and a loud music system are "men of reason".

Nonsense! Wash your mouth out! :( It's not the motorcycle as such,but where you travel. And obviously the music system needs to play "good"music". :unsure:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

It's for some,and not for others. I'm thinkng of a mate of mine.Together with the girly for 30 years, not married but they won't split.

Very happy really. No piece of paper would make it any better. :(

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

That's the answer. I must send mine off for a service and new tyres before spring.

And then run over daffodils?And rabbits.Barstewards! -_-

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Nope. Notice the headline, the law is for men who bully women not the other way around.

Never get married.

No its male and female.

Although you would not realise it from reading the comments from women refuge wimmin.

I wonder if the law will have a drastic impact on the number of men reporting women for domestic abuse.

At the moment a lot of marriages break up with the woman being an total loon b1tch against the bloke.

Yes physical violence is more likely to be men against women - although I doubt the numbers fully record women on men violence. This sort of abuse - outside of jimjam wearing from the subcontinent - is much more lilkely to be woman on man.

But now there's a law that a beaten man can use that prevents the woman walk off with more than half of the assets and the kids but actually could jail her.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived