House Price Crash Forum

Lemmy Kilmister Dies At 70

stormymonday_2011

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

A man who had the rock and roll life we all wanted as teenagers; and the author of the first record I bought: The Ace of Spades album (not single, I don't know anybody else whose first record was an album).

Seventy's not a bad crack when he was on a bottle of whisky a day for forty years, and still gigging to the end.

HOLA444

A man who had the rock and roll life we all wanted as teenagers; and the author of the first record I bought: The Ace of Spades album (not single, I don't know anybody else whose first record was an album).

Seventy's not a bad crack when he was on a bottle of whisky a day for forty years, and still gigging to the end.

Certainly an easy going gent despite his looks. Rest well!. Actually the first LP I bought was "Selling England ByThe Pound".

HOLA445

Certainly an easy going gent despite his looks. Rest well!. Actually the first LP I bought was "Selling England ByThe Pound".

Equally non-emabarrassing. A mate at work will be devastated as Lemmy was his idol. He used to have a picture of him on his desk and played bass and sang in a punky band as that's what Lemmy did.

HOLA446

Equally non-emabarrassing. A mate at work will be devastated as Lemmy was his idol. He used to have a picture of him on his desk and played bass and sang in a punky band as that's what Lemmy did.

He was a bit of a strange idol, but I can see he might be a role model. What a bloke to have as an uncle. :huh:

HOLA447

The man was an absolute legend. I heard Ace of Spades for the first time aged 9 & decided there and then that Motorhead were the greatest band that I'd ever heard - nothing in the subsequent 35 years has made me change my mind. Lemmy lived life on his own terms and never compromised himself in any way. While we might not want to live our own lives on the same terms that he did, his life is a still an example to us.

RIP Lemmy -, born to lose, lived to win

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Can't remember the first LP I bought but suspect it was The Twelve Commandments of Dance by The London Boys er, Substance by New Order.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I remember lemmy playing the fruit machine for hours at dingwalls in camden. On his own but always with a drink in his hand. Very self contained but friendly enough.

Rip lemmy rock legend. May you always ride a silver machine...

I have the 7 inch single of "Silver Machine". It must be old. ;)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Read 'em and weep, the dead man's hand again,

Aces and Eights for Lemmy.

Two members of Motorhead on the other side now.

One more and they can form a celestial band.

Have to say I am so old I can remember when Lemmy played for Hawkwind who fired him for 'doing the wrong sort of drugs'.

Anyway here is the man himself in his pick up band the Upsetters including the late great Mick Green on guitar

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Saw hawkwind just after lemmy had been sacked, they weren't that good on the night . I got the ticket before the sacking ... wanted to see the man sing silver machine - obviously wasn't meant to be.

Hawkwind were a bit hit or miss. Saw two spectacular shows and two duds.

HOLA4421

My first record was probably Pinky and Perky sing Old McDonald had a Farm, but my first album was No sleep `til Hammersmith, and TBH I had decided to buy any rock album that day to get me started on Heavy Metal which was having it`s second coming at the time, but that one caught my eye, and I probably still have it somewhere. Great album BTW, and I saw them in `82, the classic line-up. Got a jolt reading the thread title, really expected him to roll on a lot longer. RIP.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived