House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Just Seen Sky And Bbc Pushing "best" London Performer

Disgusting reporting from BBC and sky regarding London house prices.

They've both declared newnham as "best" performer.

Best, is of course subjective.

Something like a 22% rise

no one asking why this madness is being allowed as far as I can tell.

22% totally sustainable.

Did they only sell one houses?

As far as I am concerned the MSM are increasingly desperate to show London is the place to invest in housing.

Clearly if prices went up 22% in one year and now prime areas are collapsing then this is probably use worst time in history to buy a house, I mean, invest.

I complained to the BBC about their online article. Cheerleading a 22.2% yoy increase in a basic necessity, using terms like "Newham enjoyed the greatest increase in house prices" pissed me off enough to waste a few minutes of my life writing to them.

I'm eagerly awaiting the condescending pat on the head that I expect in return.

On the upside for you all...it's only the rich suckers and foreigners who are able to do it... so all good left wing international politics by the look of it.

It's strange how in just about every other respect the BBC is probably the most PC, liberal, inclusive and 'right on' organization in the country.. yet when it comes to house prices they revert to the usual ''HPI is only ever a good thing'' happy clapping morons.

They do exactly the same thing with share prices. 'Share prices rose 2% today, hooray, what brilliant news! Oh no, share prices fell 2% today, sadface.'

It's not good news if you're a relatively young working person who is still trading wages for shares to support you in later life. That person wants shares to be nice and cheap.

I love the use of the term enjoying.

Newham enjoys having 35 per cent of residents earning below the London living wage.

It also enjoys having nearly half of its children living in poverty - the second highest percentage in England - and being the sixth most deprived local authority area in the country.

It also enjoys having Only 55 per cent of those of working age living in the borough having a job - falling to only 45 per cent of women. Over 70000 residents are classified as workless - more enjoyment still!

I do wonder how all these people - many living at the mercy of insecure private rentals - are enjoying this house price boom!

In reality isn't this growth just due to all those ridiculously overpriced shoe boxes in the Olympic park and the Royal Docks coming into the market - most of which will be bought by people who don't and never intend to live in Newham.

Edited by MARTINX9

born in Newham so allowed to say - it's a shithole

massive sample bias from new build sales around Olympic Park where values are disconnected from local market, which in a London context, is "cheap"

it's not central London, and unless you are on top (10 minutes walk) of the improved infrastructure, it can be nasty