House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

What Did You Do On Boxing Day?

1.png

250,000 turned out for the draghunt, shunning the "the sales". Might it to do with being rich or poor, and different views on life?

Source:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/epic/htg/12069786/2015-Boxing-Day-hunts-around-the-UK-in-pictures.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/Boxing-Day-Sales/12069606/2015-Boxing-Day-sales-The-queues-and-scrambles-begin-in-pictures.html

Do you join the <1%?

(250,000/ 64,100,000) * 100 = 0.39% Strange how the magnitude is about right!

UK population, 64.1m according to 2013 The World Bank, Google.

When I see the sales footage from Oxford Street the great majority seem to be young Chinese. It has been for a few years.

Is consumerism their new religion in the absence of a real one?

When I see the sales footage from Oxford Street the great majority seem to be young Chinese. It has been for a few years.

what purpose is money if one doesnt spend it?

Meeting future living expenses so that you do not need to keep working.

Wise!

On Boxing day I just went home!

I have a few expensive gifts for me lined up, but after that, I might have all i need!

I went for a walk. Got my shoes a bit wet and muddy, they've still not dried out (but they've not been put near anything warm for fear of stinking the house out).

Which planet is that.

A blue one.

Sat in hospital with terminally ill MIL. Same again today. :(

I had to see my mum. She is a bit daft now, and does not say much!

I had Family visit for a Turkey Curry i cooked for 7. Nann Breads, Poppadoms, Mango Chutney, Lime Pickle, Cucumber & Mint Riata the whole shebang.

Then i settled down with a few Bacardi & Cokes to watch the Floods unfold live.

No. The middle class in China is over 50 million, almost the population of the UK. And when I say middle class I'm talking business owner class, much richer than the British middle class.

Sure there's a lot of poor people in China, but look at their population. It only takes 5% of their population being much wealthier than most British people to completely swamp us at 'the sales'. Also because many of them fly to the UK especially to go on a shopping spree for branded products since they are afraid of the fake products in China, and possibly 'high end' fakes in Hong Kong.