House Price Crash Forum
jiltedjen

2016 Predictions Thread

The stockmarket will go down some. Then it will go up again. Then it will go down some again. Then it will.......

Edited by anonguest

HPs down 15% outside of London + South East

London down 40%

more anti BTL policies

record hot summer

another large brand store goes bust

A royal dies

UK interest rate rise in May

Stock markets keep slipping all through 2016 no bottom in 2016

Rates Rise in October 2016

HPI slows to 2% and London to 1%

Fergus indeed does sell all his houses again...to a consortium of Americans etc.

I lose weight and put it all back on again.

Bland, Neverwhere and Venger & Co provide insight and facts. 118 provide entitlement and fairy dust.

Cherie Blair gets a bit richer ?

BE can't increase interest rates because pound is to strong.

On the contrary surely? Whilst the media claim no rate rises as far as the eye can see, if recent Sterling weakening continues......that would provide exactly the sort of fatuous excuse Carney would use as to why they increase rates - to defend the pound!

Edited by anonguest

The housing market will be a dead man walking family houses not moving much at all in price the odd great homes going for a good price but the regular market moribund. If this means the indices show a small rise on wafer thin volumes so be it.

Fundamentally is buying a property going to be more expensive on credit ... looks that way.

Are BTL returns going to be lower..... looks that way especially for accidental and small time landlords

Is it going more expensive to buy another property or retain your old one .... yes it is

My area is one of those tipped to rise 8%

Its dead in the last few months the properties I have looked at have completed at £330/£350,000 and the ones for sale are oieo of £360 etc and are not selling

A few agents have even asked me to make any offer on some of them as they have had no offers at all.

I firmly belive this is not wanted by the government and we are already seeing the results in the governments revenues. Just like estate agents it does not help them having no churn in the market.

If the new changes have little effect there may be a wild card property taxation change come out if the revenue figures get worse this may be capital gains/empty property or something like that to encourage folks to cash in sooner rather than later.

Family homes 0-3%

New build flats -5%

Used flats - 2 to -5%

Worse to come 2017

English Housing Survey reports that >50% of households headed by a 25-34 year old will be living in a private rental. Historical figures for comparison: 21% in 2003-4, 45% in 2012-13, 48% in 2013-14.

English Housing Survey reports that >50% of households headed by a 25-34 year old will be living in a private rental. Historical figures for comparison: 21% in 2003-4, 45% in 2012-13, 48% in 2013-14.

Have they got data for 2021 :D