House Price Crash Forum

Broken Phone

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

There is this bit of software which you install on a WIN or MAC PC and allows you see what messages and then copy them over.

However, the free version only allows you to see stuff - you have to pay for the version that allows you to copy stuff over. Last time I looked it was quite pricely (It is online under numerous - far too numerous - names and websites.).

I also found the free version to be incredibly flaky - so much so that I would have to be desperate to take a chance on paying for it.

Perhaps try the free version and see if it accesses the info you want and then decide whether to pay for it or not.

http://www.mobikin.com/android-backup/transfer-text-messages-from-android-to-computer.html

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Well this is a right cluster******.

The only spare phone I can find at home is still a normal SIM whilst I have a micro SIM and presumably the next phone I get will be a nano SIM which makes even restarting some service a ball ache over Xmas.

As for the Nexus, it was shit when it was a live and shit when its dead. IT will probably need a big amount of housekeeping to even think about trying to root. And installing something called "adb" requires me to mess about with Java Dev Kit and I've no idea what I'm doing. As I use a Mac I'm not even sure I can do get the 32bit kit the web pages say I need.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

What sort of messenging app are you using? If hangouts, maybe the message's are there.

I suggest logging on to Google on your Mac with the account you are using for you phone, and seeing what you've got (an obvious suggestion, so sorry if you have already tried that)

HOLA4413

What sort of messenging app are you using? If hangouts, maybe the message's are there.

I suggest logging on to Google on your Mac with the account you are using for you phone, and seeing what you've got (an obvious suggestion, so sorry if you have already tried that)

I've just been using old fashioned SMS to make arrangements.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I love the Nexus 6p

I would have got one if it was on Three. Bought a moto x play budget option instead. Three for some reason have a pretty poor selection unless you want Samsung or apple. Wonder if they're going for the 80/20 Approach and//or saving money buying up o2.

Archived