House Price Crash Forum

Santa Like All Big Businesses Is Losing Money. Yearly Loss Of £8,421,792,249

interestrateripoff

HOLA441

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/12063997/How-Santa-makes-money-but-still-ends-the-year-in-the-red.html

Just when everything finally starts to slow down in the City, it all kicks off for the most suited and booted boss of them all: Santa.

There are 1,860,463,578 people in the world between the ages of zero and 14 – about 10m more than there were last year – according to the CIA. Making sure all those children get their Christmas presents is quite the corporate operation: staff wages, production costs and vehicle maintenance.

Expert Market, the business-to-business marketplace, got its hands on Claus Inc's balance sheet. Here's what it looks like.

Total costs: £9.9bn

Product manufacturing: Santa's biggest expenditure by far is making the toys, which sets him back £9.83bn. Expert Market multiplied how much the average European consumer spends on Christmas presents by the number of Christian children under the age of 14 and divided the total by eight to remove wholesale and retail price mark-ups.

Staff wages: They'll put in the hours but they won't do it for free. Santa spends £65m paying his 3,000 elves the average salary for a manufacturer in Lapland, plus £13.7m for pensions and insurance, which are an additional 21pc in Finland. And of course, someone has to helm the ship. Mrs Claus, the chief executive, earns £65,740, the average salary for a Finnish CEO.

Santa ends the year £8,421,792,249 in the red

Despite Santa's best efforts to bump up his income, from capitalising on his brand power to using the sharing economy, his business is loss-making. Good thing he doesn't have shareholders.

So where could Father Christmas cut costs?

By using reindeer, Santa doesn't benefit much from the slump in fuel prices. But KPMG looked at other ways to reduce the cost of his operations and came up with these three thoughts.

Relocate headquarters: The North Pole is cold and far away. KPMG worked out that Santa spends £98,815 every month heating the Claus Inc warehouse and could cut that bill by moving to a warmer climate, such as Kiribati, where the average temperature is in the high 20s.

The Telegraph spreading a little Christmas cheer, even Santa makes a loss and it seems needs a bailout to save Christmas.....

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

MrPin's early Christmas day, consists of opening a present for myself from Amazon. A thick book on Windows Server administration, and another one about Tomcat Java web pages. :blink: I really wanted a saxophone. :blink: Thanks Santa! :unsure:

Still, I know which one will earn me money! :unsure:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

MrPin's early Christmas day, consists of opening a present for myself from Amazon. A thick book on Windows Server administration, and another one about Tomcat Java web pages. :blink: I really wanted a saxophone. :blink: Thanks Santa! :unsure:

Still, I know which one will earn me money! :unsure:

Santa is a ****

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Archived