House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

workingpoor

Istanbul Airport Explosion

Thought this might be worth a thread on it's own.

1 cleaner killed, 1 injured, 5 other aircraft damaged by blast, shrapnel holes in terminal windows.

Experts say possibly a bomb on board aircraft

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/turkey/12065752/One-dead-in-explosion-at-Istanbul-airport.html

Pegasus airlines flight destinations link almost all go to London airports from Istanbul (glocken)

http://www.edreams.co.uk/flights/airline/PC/pegasus-airlines/?mktportal=bing&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=B-E-UK-FL-Airline%20AIRLINE%20BMM%20(CC)-SEA-PC-L&utm_term=+pegasus&utm_content=Pegasus%7CPC

Turkish government say weakness in airport security is out of the question.

Terrible news again. They are downplaying it big time in the UK media last time I looked.

The last headline I saw, think it was in the Telegraph, was of bomb damaged windows and some nonsense about Police trying to figure out what had caused the windows to have holes in them.

Terrible news again. They are downplaying it big time in the UK media last time I looked.

The last headline I saw, think it was in the Telegraph, was of bomb damaged windows and some nonsense about Police trying to figure out what had caused the windows to have holes in them.

I cannot find it on the BBC site (maybe it is heavily buried), so to the average Brit it didn't happen.

Workingpoor, please report immediately to room 101 for reeducation!

I cannot find it on the BBC site (maybe it is heavily buried), so to the average Brit it didn't happen.

Workingpoor, please report immediately to room 101 for reeducation!

Don't want anything to get in the way of the agenda.

Turkey's tourism industry must already be on the ropes from the loss of the Russian market.

Yes, they are losing some good customers!

BBC buried it under europe section

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35167328

4th most important article in "Europe" after the earth shattering "Greek doctors' long hours 'break EU law'" lol

Naturally a potential terror attack on a plane (probably) bound for the UK, is of no interest to the average Brit.

Any how pretty serious if you think about it. Turkey is trying to / has developed its self into an important hub. Their flag carrier isn't throwing money at Manchester united and Kobe Bryant for nothing.

4th most important article in "Europe" after the earth shattering "Greek doctors' long hours 'break EU law'" lol

Naturally a potential terror attack on a plane (probably) bound for the UK, is of no interest to the average Brit.

Any how pretty serious if you think about it. Turkey is trying to / has developed its self into an important hub. Their flag carrier isn't throwing money at Manchester united and Kobe Bryant for nothing.

Apparently not as important as a family of British Muslims getting turfed off a flight to Florida because one of them obviously got flagged on a US security No Flight check. It seems the latter is so important that Cameron needs to cancel his Christmas hols to sort it out (even though the event actually happened over a week ago and Brits have historically been refused entry to the US for a wide variety of reasons going back decade ). Just another indication that there is actually no real news in most of the British media. Of course, if the Turkish plane had actually exploded over the London metropolitan area then airbrushing it out of the news might be a tad more difficult.