House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trampa501

Ever Driven Across The Forth Road Bridge?

Yes I have, but I didn't end up in Essex. :blink:

Yes in gale force winds, driving a high sided luton van, and I couldnt understand why the engine kept over revving. I realised half way across the reason, was that the off side rear wheels were lifting off the road and the engine had free reign to spin those wheels...so I slowed down a tad.

It looks very impressive.

I've gone over the Dartford bridge crossing, but the clips from the Forth Road look spectacular.

Ive walked across it once.

Sunny both sides and dense sea fog in the middle. Quite spectacular.

Rode across it on the bike once. Fairly breezy.

Do you ride amidst the wheeled cages? Or is it like the Severn or Tamar bridges, with a somewhat-segregated bike lane?

Do you ride amidst the wheeled cages? Or is it like the Severn or Tamar bridges, with a somewhat-segregated bike lane?

There is a seperate cycle/pedestrian lane on the east side of the bridge. I have walked and cycled it a few times, it has far more of a incline than you might expect which you don't notice in a car, and yes it is windy. But worth doing if you are ever in the vicinity, great views of the rail bridge too.