House Price Crash Forum

Christmas Divorce

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441

I see that Sky News is doing its bit for the fesitive feeling by doing several items on divorce rates soaring after Christmas.

I suppose, rather than waiting till after Christmas, they are trying to give some pointers on how to avoid rows over Christmas and so perhaps avoid divorce.

Bah! Humbug!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

I feel sad for the families that can't resist a row over Christmas. My extended family are cooped up in my sister's mansion (I'm not revealing the value!) from Christmas Eve till the end of Boxing Day and although we occasionally bicker, we never fall out. It's a golden opportunity to catch up on news and have a good laugh together.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Well, things were not going well for the wife and I a few weeks ago, I had completely given up talking to her. Given this and the fact that she`d told me that she was leaving me in march I thought I had nothing left to lose Anyway, not being `validated` appears to have put her into a state of panic !

Ah well, I`ve still got my cat (she`s so cute!) and `dreams` of getting a new motorbike !

HOLA447
HOLA448

Well, things were not going well for the wife and I a few weeks ago, I had completely given up talking to her. Given this and the fact that she`d told me that she was leaving me in march I thought I had nothing left to lose Anyway, not being `validated` appears to have put her into a state of panic !

Ah well, I`ve still got my cat (she`s so cute!) and `dreams` of getting a new motorbike !

That must be confusing her and annoying the feck out of her.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I'd be careful showing too much affection to the cat before the wife moves out for good.

Christmas usually involved a blazing row between my parents when I was growing up. Too much interaction between spouses is usually a bad thing. One of the happiest couples I knew always went on separate holidays. Their rationale was they spent so much time together so why on earth would they want to go on holiday with each other.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Well I must admit what goes on in my wife`s mind is completely lost on me. (as I`ve said she goes to the nuthouse once a week for sessions)

A new development ....she just came in and gave me dounuts and chocolates. What does this mean??

It means she's managed to source some cyanide. Don't touch them.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I feel sad for the families that can't resist a row over Christmas. My extended family are cooped up in my sister's mansion (I'm not revealing the value!) from Christmas Eve till the end of Boxing Day and although we occasionally bicker, we never fall out. It's a golden opportunity to catch up on news and have a good laugh together.

Just had a run in with my father. To be fair, he is a jerk.

HOLA4425

Archived