anonguest

HOLA441
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

This "Park Home" pre fab house cartel, who allegedly appear to be locking naive pensioners into rip-off lease terms at extortionate prices need urgently investigating by the SFO .

It's a longstanding problem, and one that the Mobile Homes Act 2013 was supposed to address. Stuff about the Act on Gov.uk here https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/park-homes

Stuff in Wales http://gov.wales/topics/housing-and-regeneration/legislation/mobile-homes-act/?lang=en

No idea how thoroughly the legislation is being implemented, mind.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Down in Cornwall land there does seem to be plenty of dirt cheap caravans to rent.

doesn't look like a great life-style but if it was my only route to save I would do it.

Having had such terrible experiences in house shares I would rather a static caravan on my own.

HOLA446

It's a longstanding problem, and one that the Mobile Homes Act 2013 was supposed to address. Stuff about the Act on Gov.uk here https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/park-homes

Stuff in Wales http://gov.wales/topics/housing-and-regeneration/legislation/mobile-homes-act/?lang=en

No idea how thoroughly the legislation is being implemented, mind.

cheers

Down in Cornwall land there does seem to be plenty of dirt cheap caravans to rent.

doesn't look like a great life-style but if it was my only route to save I would do it.

Having had such terrible experiences in house shares I would rather a static caravan on my own.

Given the liabilities of "jointly & severally liable" aspects of house share agreements, static caravans become a lot more attractive.

Perhaps we need a self build equivalent of caravan parks, where councils or more respectable corps lease land cheaply to organised groups of caravan owners. If it was on 5 yr temp housing terms, while waiting for development etc.

This is what happened here with Brighton Containers, but the dev, co charge too much rent for land

HOLA447

I'm sure its Daily Mail click bait, but the French have apparently built these for immigrants in Calais. Thing is these porta-cabins look better than some sh1te put up for rent in London.

Why cant I get one of those?

300CCCA400000578-3395901-Some_125_metal_

France has given protesting Calais refugees two days before bulldozing a third of the notorious Jungle camp, after 1,500 refuse to move into new government-built housing.

Jungle residents reject the new £20million camp, designed to accommodate 1,500 refugees in powered and heated converted shipping containers, complaining that it looks like 'a prison'.

However, French police today served the protesting refugees with eviction orders, telling them they have until Wednesday night to vacate their tents before bulldozers level the camp on Thursday.

Some 125 metal transport containers have been converted into heated homes, complete with power sockets, heated towel rails, toilets and washing facilities for up to 1,500 people

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3395901/France-brings-bulldozers-smash-Calais-Jungle-camp-migrants-REFUSE-new-20million-housing-looks-like-prison-camp.html#ixzz3x7YsAVbX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

HOLA448

This "Park Home" pre fab house cartel, who allegedly appear to be locking naive pensioners into rip-off lease terms at extortionate prices need urgently investigating by the SFO .

And yet - as I have mentioned numerous times before - people do this on a daily basis in London without a second thought.

HOLA449

I think if I had to live and work in this country long term the only viable options would be living at home with parents on under market rent or sleeping in my own car and using facilities at a 24 hour gym, as these are getting more popular these days. It's the only way you can save serious money on an income of 20-30k. Don't even talk about incomes of 12-18k, that's on the poverty line!

Really don't like the thought of sleeping in a car. Uncomfortable and cold.

Very informative. Thank you.

I have some other questions about living in a motorhome/caravan. Washing clothes, waste disposal etc. How can I set myselgf up AND go to work everyday without being noticed by some NIMBY or the council?

Acid Rob's thread is pretty interesting, although I see the original camper pics have dropped off the hosting. I may update thread for camper pics with a backup I took.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/94060-1-year-in-a-bus/

HOLA4410

Very informative. Thank you.

I have some other questions about living in a motorhome/caravan. Washing clothes, waste disposal etc. How can I set myselgf up AND go to work everyday without being noticed by some NIMBY or the council?

Done just this on and off for, four to five years and still do so on occasions for the same reason following the work ,i could live off and save some money just from my accommodation allowance effectively not touching my wage

You wil lbe surprised how many campsites there are doted around the country when you start looking ,i was quite lucky in the fact there are normally showers at my place of work when there were no sites within easy reach

Washing clothes, launderettes, waste disposal is simple just look for skips or council sites, work out the bin day for the local council ,most of the time i just took it to work

Realistically though it was never full time for me as i always had a place available to return to every month or so

Edited by long time lurking