House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Can Someone Explain Pandora Jewelry To Me?

As the title says - FFS why?

Its a bit beyond me - like having one of those stupid tribal lumps of wood thru your ear lobe, which looks very expensive to fix.

There's a shop opened up near me.

It seems reasonably busy.

The people shopping there do not appear to be the most discerning.

Its it just slight respun Argos-tat on the HP?

As the title says - FFS why?

Its a bit beyond me - like having one of those stupid tribal lumps of wood thru your ear lobe, which looks very expensive to fix.

There's a shop opened up near me.

It seems reasonably busy.

The people shopping there do not appear to be the most discerning.

Its it just slight respun Argos-tat on the HP?

There's always a place in the market for the best stuff. And a place for the cheapest. The place where you don't want to be is in the middle.

Fantastic marketing.

Advert is # for each special occasion# yet everyone would want a full bracelet which means the special occasion is forking out an arm and two legs for a stupid bracelet.

It's like charm bracelets of yesteryear.

But crapper.

There's always a place in the market for the best stuff. And a place for the cheapest. The place where you don't want to be is in the middle.

SO what are Pandora?

Its all shiney shiney.

Fantastic marketing.

Advert is # for each special occasion# yet everyone would want a full bracelet which means the special occasion is forking out an arm and two legs for a stupid bracelet.

It's like charm bracelets of yesteryear.

But crapper.

I googled and picked up some sort of charm braclelet thing.

I'm still non the wiser.

In my best Katie Hopkins voice 'The people in the shop were a bit fat, ugly and badly dressed.'

My mum had one 40 years ago. She still has it.

It used to fascinate me.

But it was make of cheap metal into interesting shapes and things - like a bird that appers in a cage when you blow the rotating wheel.

Is it costume jewellery?

This stuff came back into fashion in response to the soaring price of gold.

But I thought it had died again.

That's what I thought.

Costume stuff sold at precious metal prices.

I googled and picked up some sort of charm braclelet thing.

My mum had one 40 years ago. She still has it.

It used to fascinate me.

But it was make of cheap metal into interesting shapes and things - like a bird that appers in a cage when you blow the rotating wheel.

Yup proper charms, where you'd remember each piece being bought and given because they were different and special. Even if they were just silly little silver objects.

Pandora is very samey beady crap.

Yup proper charms, where you'd remember each piece being bought and given because they were different and special. Even if they were just silly little silver objects.

Pandora is very samey beady crap.

Yes, I've still got my silver charm bracelet, it's 45 years old now. I occassionally think of selling/scrapping because it's pretty naff these days, but can't bring myself to do it. Some of the charms were bought by my mother and brothers who are no longer here, some from well remembered friends even though I haven't seen them for donkeys years, some from my son when he was a child and all sorts of other memories.

Yes, I've still got my silver charm bracelet, it's 45 years old now. I occassionally think of selling/scrapping because it's pretty naff these days, but can't bring myself to do it. Some of the charms were bought by my mother and brothers who are no longer here, some from well remembered friends even though I haven't seen them for donkeys years, some from my son when he was a child and all sorts of other memories.

Like my Mums.

About £20 of silver but £1m of memories.

Like my Mums.

About £20 of silver but £1m of memories.

Yup. I have the mister's aunties. It's charming. I think it's got a Blackpool tower or it might be an Eiffel. Can't wear it as it snags almost everything you get it near. And it weights a lot.

Yup. I have the mister's aunties. It's charming. I think it's got a Blackpool tower or it might be an Eiffel. Can't wear it as it snags almost everything you get it near. And it weights a lot.

Oh God! I don't think my Mum ever wore hers. I don;t think they are practical.

It was put in her jewelry box and took to show the kids, then the grandkids.

got wifie a Troll beads bracelet a few years back and have since been adding quirky beads to it on birthdays/ Xmas etc.

Not this year though.

a/ it's getting boring

b/ she hasn't deserved it

No answers, more questions.

FFS what are trollbeads.

Ive googled. Im no wiser.

It's the modern day version of the charm bracelet that was popular in the 80's.

My mate came round the other night on the way home from xmas shopping he had a Pandora bag with "charms" in it for his missus, once they have the bracelet you have to buy these tiny but expensive "charms" to add to it.

A tiny little flower looking charm was £60.

I think it's all a little pretentious a bit like when people get tattoos of birthday dates and family names etc

Are people supposed to enquire what the charms mean so you can go into a long winded explanation of what they all mean to you and what they represent?

how come they (Pandora shops) only let 5people in the store at once and then have a bouncer manage a queue line ? Also I think their official website is a .net domain which is a tad odd tbh.

It's just harmless tat. :unsure: Some people like collecting little things.

Can't say I'm surprised if it makes no sense to the average person on here. Especially the average bloke-person.

I would have thought it appeals mostly to girls of about 13-23. But as Mr P says, there's no harm in it. An old idea, made up new, with clever marketing and a spot-on name.

Can't say I'm surprised if it makes no sense to the average person on here. Especially the average bloke-person.

I would have thought it appeals mostly to girls of about 13-23. But as Mr P says, there's no harm in it. An old idea, made up new, with clever marketing and a spot-on name.

Blokes collect other tat! One of my mates has loads of barometers!

Bringing back old stuff that was popular seems to be a winner. We see it in the film industry - why do you think investors would rather punt on a Charlie Brown remake, or a completely new idea with no probability of success.