House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Obscure 90S Indie

Are half man half biscuit too famous?

I guess Carter USM are, first band I ever saw live and still one of my favourites.

My mates cousin was in 60 foot dolls. Got us backstage passes to a festival that pulp were headlining. Hell of a day that was.

I can't copy and paste YT @ the mo but can anyone remember 'theaudience' ? It featured Blue Peter's Janet Ellis' daughter Sophie Ellis Bextor as the singer. One of their singles was 'If you can't do it when you're young'.

This was a few years before Sophie provided the vocals for Spiller's 'Groovejet' and had a reasonably successful solo career. :)

Guest eight

Dubstar always leads into Saint Ettiene, in my head at least.....

Really when you start thinking about it there are loads.

Guest eight

Anybody else heard of Superfood? They're like a nineties indie covers band.... but with original songs ;)

The Las. One wonderful jangly single and album and then they just disappeared. Shame, they had so much potential.

Saint Etienne are still very much alive and kicking - their most recent album Words and Music is up there with their best in my opinion.

This is really my era but I got a nasty shock a couple of years ago when I went to see the Wondef Stuff tour to celebrate the 20th anniversary of "8 Legged Groove Machine "

The Las. One wonderful jangly single and album and then they just disappeared. Shame, they had so much potential.

Saint Etienne are still very much alive and kicking - their most recent album Words and Music is up there with their best in my opinion.

This is really my era but I got a nasty shock a couple of years ago when I went to see the Wondef Stuff tour to celebrate the 20th anniversary of "8 Legged Groove Machine "

None of that is really obscure though is it? Despite a top selling single Adamski is probably more obscure than all of those.

Guest eight

None of that is really obscure though is it? Despite a top selling single Adamski is probably more obscure than all of those.

One of the problems of the internet is that obscurity isn't what it was.

To be honest that 2 Tribes vid I posted upthread was about as obscure as I thought it was possible to be, yet still somebody must have remembered them to upload it, and it wasn't me! So that's at least two people who have heard of them, which is one more than I expected.

Anyway, more obscure-ish (or not) randomness.

Here's one from the OPs neck of the wood I believe (Yeovil?)

I think they were more Yetminster :)

This was recorded round my way...she's cusping on mainstream (even though she's won the Mercury twice)...