House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidg

Lazy Ants

Contrary to their image of being the workers of the animal kingdom about half the ants in a nest sit around all day doing nothing.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn27834-lazy-ants-sit-around-doing-nothing-while-their-nest-mates-work/

It seems the lazy ants, according to scientist Charbonneau may be acting as data hubs for the other ant teams in the nest?

In other words they are politicians and management consultants.

Contrary to their image of being the workers of the animal kingdom about half the ants in a nest sit around all day doing nothing.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn27834-lazy-ants-sit-around-doing-nothing-while-their-nest-mates-work/

It seems the lazy ants, according to scientist Charbonneau may be acting as data hubs for the other ant teams in the nest?

In other words they are politicians and management consultants.

Welcome to the corporate world! :wacko:

Boy bees are the real dossers of the insect world. They mostly sit about and eat honey all day. If they have sex they die though.

Honey bees often sit about too. I was reading something about it the other week. They don't sleep as such, but sort of chill out a bit.

I was watching some ants eat some fallen fruit whilst on holiday.

I noticed that some would eat the fruit and then pull away, then stop....there were a couple of others that then popped along and seemed to "awaken" the stopped ants with a head touch...the awakened would then chug off back to the appropriate hole they disappeared down, although some didnt make it all the way back and needed another headtouch.

probably watching reprogramming in action.

Boy bees are the real dossers of the insect world. They mostly sit about and eat honey all day. If they have sex they die though.

Honey bees often sit about too. I was reading something about it the other week. They don't sleep as such, but sort of chill out a bit.

I like bees as they don't eat shit, or me (not much difference really)!.

I like bees as they don't eat shit, or me (not much difference really)!.

They will drink the dirtiest water imaginable. But they use it for diluting honey they eat or for cooling the hive.